Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

New boots
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Pricey

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
New boots

Been following the news on here about new boots for the disco, and have been struggling with the decision on what to get(due to the fact that lots of spondoolies need to be parted with).The Scorpion zeros are worn out (1.6mm) on all four corners and only 20864 on the clock Evil or Very Mad .

Minly a tarmac junkie and also tow a large tin tent.Decided after reading various posts to go with the Michelin(ouch) latitude tours ad hope to get better than the 20k so far.Some post I read got 40k and rising so there`s hope.
My td5 did 68k on her shoes before I changed the front ones, which were also Michelin.(Unheard of said the dealer when I changed them!

I will update the posts every so often to let people know how they wear.No road noise as yet but only done a few miles.Too far from AJS so had to go to ats euromaster.Managed to get them for 134 notes per corner all in including fitting and the dreaded Gordon Brown slush fund ooops, sorry vat.
Has anyone had reasonable mileage out of these? Embarassed

Hope my hard earned cash has been well spent as the little beauty has cost me dear this month with road fund licence(Gordon`s xmas box),Insurance,Service from a cr-p dealer and new boots I am now brasic. Confused Sad Big Cry

But the feeling of joy returns when I get behind the wheel and just drive with the i-pod blaring Very Happy

Post #5037634th Aug 2009 7:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Pricey

I have the same problem, my scorpions are s Censored d at the same mileage Evil or Very Mad

Keep me up to date with the Michelins mate Thumbs Up

Frapp

Post #5039965th Aug 2009 12:11 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My Synchrones have now done just over 40K. looks like at least another year in them (15-20K) Thumbs Up
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #5040085th Aug 2009 12:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >