Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

New Disco in Ireland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DaveJLBI

Ireland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
New Disco in Ireland

For anyone in Dublin area this weekend, the new Disco is on show in Dundrum Shopping Centre

https://www.facebook.com/landroverIE/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Would be interested to hear how is looks in flesh away from shows. Interesting choice to show it, presume they expect to sell most in south county Dublin! Would love to get up to it, but surf forecast on the west coast for next few days is too good. . .

Post #17161076th Oct 2016 10:18 am
zebadee

Ireland 

I doubt we'll be let anywhere near it, or indeed sit in it. I'd imagine it will be roped off from the general plebs & only the "elite" who are "known to the staff" will be let near it. As so very often is the case in Ireland, these displays are more often than not an exercise in frustration more than anything Sad

So I'm not sure Dundrum is the place to go to have a proper look at the D5.

For that matter, it will be the same when the first cars arrive at "certain dealerships" around the country.

I remember when the then new FFRR arrived at a certain dealership in the SE & seeing it on the forecourt, prompted me to wheel in to take a look. The attitude I received was unbelievable, really was treated as the great unwashed Censored Despite the fact that we have had LR's since 1993 & that we had a FFRR that was due for change at the time. But because I wasn't part of the "in crowd" I was barely given the time of day.

Anyway, rant over........ no I won't be going to Dundrum SC this weekend to look at the D5, much & all as I'd love to.

Post #17161926th Oct 2016 2:05 pm
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Might take a look if I get a chance. I'm getting a test drive up in Northern Ireland in a few days time. Am also going to Hurst's evening later in the month....

It's growing on me but I still say they won't sell any in large numbers here if they don't launch a 5 seat Utility right from day one....
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #17164406th Oct 2016 10:23 pm
APL

zebadee wrote:
I doubt we'll be let anywhere near it, or indeed sit in it. I'd imagine it will be roped off from the general plebs & only the "elite" who are "known to the staff" will be let near it. As so very often is the case in Ireland, these displays are more often than not an exercise in frustration more than anything Sad

So I'm not sure Dundrum is the place to go to have a proper look at the D5.

For that matter, it will be the same when the first cars arrive at "certain dealerships" around the country.

I remember when the then new FFRR arrived at a certain dealership in the SE & seeing it on the forecourt, prompted me to wheel in to take a look. The attitude I received was unbelievable, really was treated as the great unwashed Censored Despite the fact that we have had LR's since 1993 & that we had a FFRR that was due for change at the time. But because I wasn't part of the "in crowd" I was barely given the time of day.

I know exactly what you mean! Since the demise of our friendly dealer in Arklow in 2009 there are no great dealers left in Ireland, except for Wexford. None of the Dublin trio are worth going near these days.

Personally, I'd like to see an Irish equivalent of that new "Rockar" internet based dealer starting up, with associated service agents in each and every county.... Would be better than the current arrangements!
Having said that I think the distributor is trying to improve things against the chaos of Brexit, the currency changes and the fact that they know as well as the rest of us that the Land Rover range is going away from affordable and useful to expensive and not so practical....
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #17164516th Oct 2016 10:57 pm
EI-EDC

Ireland 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I live in dundrum, so I'll be taking a stroll down to see it. I'll let ye know if ye will be able to see it or what not. When cars are on show they usually are not roped off. Spirit rang us and told us about it so I'd say we will get in it.

Post #17167277th Oct 2016 5:25 pm
sean 471

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I remember dundrum when it was just a few shops.

Post #17167567th Oct 2016 7:04 pm
APL

The one on display is a HSE SI6 petrol model, full spec, LHD.
There's a guy there advertising a Launch Event at the RDS next week, you have to go to him to get an invitation!

2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #17169658th Oct 2016 1:50 pm
EI-EDC

Ireland 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Not worth it lads. It's just a static display. U can look into the front, but it has tinted rear windows, and they have the sun blinds down, so u can barely see in the back. It is a nice colour. Corris grey and the probably the black edition.

Post #17169688th Oct 2016 1:53 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

Sadly so, it looks like I was right .......

Quote:
As so very often is the case in Ireland, these displays are more often than not an exercise in frustration more than anything Sad

Post #17170638th Oct 2016 6:27 pm
APL

My first impressions are: it looks huge compared with the outgoing model but the interior does look extremely comfortable, and probably an improvement on the outgoing model. But I still think the single piece tailgate could be a problem - extends what is already a big vehicle still further when on a car ferry deck, for example, or a tight parking spot....

Definitely worth a test drive though and readers in Ireland are invited to do just that at the RDS next weekend. I received an invite that is not addressed personally, so to my mind that's as good as an open invitation. The event is on at the Shelbourne Hall, RDS, at the following days/times:

Friday 14th: 11am-7pm
Saturday 15th: 10am-6pm
Sunday 16th: 10am-6pm

I'll be there on one of those days, for definite! Anyone else?
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #17171698th Oct 2016 9:17 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

I won't be there, I've just recently moved on from LR after 14 years since my last break from them. So I'm happy to wait until I get to see one at a dealers next year sometime.

But please do take plenty of pictures if you can, I look forward to hearing your review of it. Thumbs Up

Post #17173119th Oct 2016 10:44 am
APL

New pic of interior...not taken by me....
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #171881312th Oct 2016 12:57 pm
APL

I found out that the one on display at the RDS is the same one that was at Dundrum last week and has been touring the country (on a trailer!). So have decided not to bother to go as there are no test drives and no Terrapod either!

Will wait for another chance later in the month at another location to have a go!

Land Rover Ireland on Facebook have put some pictures up, though, if anyone is bothered to look...
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #172029315th Oct 2016 7:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >