DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

New DISCO4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoDC

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
New DISCO4

Hi all.

Through searching the web generally I came across this website so thought it may be worth being part of it after the purchase of my first and new Disco4.

Got the 2.7 SE. Leather 7 seats, 19" wheels with Satnav, rear air and rear camera. Love the look and fell of it. partiularly the black exterior and interior.

Have unfortunately already had some problems with it and have done less than 1000km.

Started with wheel balance problem. Had driven the car for the first time on the highway and felt the steering wobbles. The front wheels were out by 60mm.

Then a couple days later, went to put the windows up and the rear left would hit the top then automatically return to the halfway mark. Programming fault.

The same day, driving along the highway the car stalled with a warning saying Gearbox Fault. Thankfuly pulled the car over safely. After over a day of investigating the problem, it was determined to be a fuel pump pressure fault. As it is a new model in Aus, have to wait over a week for the part to arrive.

Am hoping that when we get the car back it will be free of any further faults and all the teething bugs gone. HOPING! I thought it to be such a great car after driving it and from the general reviews I read. Of coarse there are the reviews of problems, but what vehicle does not have them.

For the price and what you get, I could not see another vehicle to come close. The X5 is more expensive and is really a raised road vehicle. Same too the ML. And the Touareg is ugly.

Looking forward to getting back into our DISCO.

Post #55592925th Nov 2009 6:50 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Looking quite common faults effecting the RRS aswell

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic15812.html

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic15776.html

Post #55594725th Nov 2009 8:23 am
DiscoDC

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

got the car back today from servicing. all should be fixed and ready to go now. had to wait a week for the part to be sent over from UK. look forward to some long drives ahead. Very Happy

Post #5591192nd Dec 2009 8:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >