DISCO3.CO.UK > IIDTool Help

New to GAP IID Tool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AndreasG

Cyprus 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
New to GAP IID Tool

Hi everyone,

My IID Tool BT just arrived a couple of days ago and I wanted to ask a few things to the more experienced ones here.

Although I have read the user's manual some things are not entirely clear but I guess its also a matter of getting to know the functions. All I did so far with the tool is to read and clear faults.

For the fault codes, I searched online and it redirected me to this forum for most of the faults but I was wondering if there is a way to decode the faults or if there is a list explaining what each fault code is?

The other question is if I calibrate the suspension (not the manual way) will it be ok if there no need to do so if the car seems ok? (I have a feeling that the car is sagging towards the front end) but I have also ordered most of the suspension parts (bushes and compressor parts) for preventative maintenance. Shall I do that after the maintenance? (no suspension faults showed up on the scan).

Next question regards the ecu updates. This is where I got confused while reading the manual. If there is an ECU update it is provided from GAP IID for £25 per ECU? Does ECU flash mean ECU upgrade? (Excuse my ignorance) or are the updates included in the buying price?

Thank you in advance Smile
 Discovery 3, TDV6, HSE, 2006
GAP IID BT Tool 

Post #223826825th Jun 2021 12:35 pm
Duc750

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

on the suspension bit I'd do al the maintenance tasks first and then faff with calibration if you need, otherwise if you know you have sommething broken, you're just coding over the broken bit by recalibrating - it'll look better but still be broken

In terms of fault codes - if you have access to topix then you can get them all otherwise I've found google is your friend. just be aware that fault codes cascade so one base fault will trigger codes in other systems it talks to.

A transfer case fault for instance will then trigger a more generic code in vheilce dynamics or suspension.

Updates are extra per ecu - its one of those things though that generally if its not broken there's no need to fix it
 05 D3 V8 HSE, LR Passion tree bars, wildbear compressor guard, LRP switch panel, ARB rear locker + compressor, Trigger 6 shooter electrical system
12 RRS SDV6 HSE (Hers) - Gone and replaced with an I Pace - I can tell you now EV is not the future yet
Metalian Camper trailer 

Post #223827325th Jun 2021 1:05 pm
AndreasG

Thanks for the reply.

Thing with updates thought is....how do I know its broken and in need of fixing? My gear changes are a bit harsher after the oil change about 1000km ago. (second oil change including a Dr. Tranny tube). There are no faults coming up on the IID tool. Should i update or is it something that needs further investigation? (this just an example).

Also the car is MY2006. If I want to put the one touch indicator or the daytime running lights do I need the upgrades or is this a setting in the IID tool? (read something relating to this some time ago but I cannot recall exactly what needs to be done).

Logic says that updates are introduced to make thing work better but I do keep hearing 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it'!

Think I'll start living by that
GAP IID BT Tool 

Post #223827625th Jun 2021 1:19 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

If you want the headlights on during the day time this is free.
Once vin registered, change ccf settings to headlights to Canada

Canada means lights come on once you take gearbox out of park.
Scandinavia means headlights on all the time from memory

You can also do indicators while you are in there, but they won’t work until you have done the upgrade

Post #223828025th Jun 2021 1:42 pm
Duc750

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Change the settings in the CCF for those and see if it works - if not you'll probably need to update the ECU. MY 06 is around the change I think

in terms of the transmission - mechanically its screwed either before you put doctore tranny in or because you put it in. That stuff only masks a problem. No amount of software will fix something thats mechanically past its best
 05 D3 V8 HSE, LR Passion tree bars, wildbear compressor guard, LRP switch panel, ARB rear locker + compressor, Trigger 6 shooter electrical system
12 RRS SDV6 HSE (Hers) - Gone and replaced with an I Pace - I can tell you now EV is not the future yet
Metalian Camper trailer 

Post #223828225th Jun 2021 1:52 pm
AndreasG

Thanks for the replies guy.

I keep reading and fiddling around with the IID Tool and getting more accustomed to it as time goes by.

Another thing I wanted to ask when I came across it yesterday and it seemed strange.

I was going through various options fitted on the car and some of the options that are actually fitted on the car were not visible or were stated as not fitted on the tool.
One of them that I remember very distinctly is the rear locking diff. There is one fitted on the car yet the diagnostic says 'not fitted'.

Any ideas why?
GAP IID BT Tool 

Post #223902329th Jun 2021 1:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >