DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

New kid (?) on the block
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
4wheels

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
New kid (?) on the block

Well, first week in.

I've read the manual, driven the car, tried the rear seats in every up'n'down variation possible, put a handful of cds through the player, hunted fruitlessly for the fusebox, and even lifted the bonnet.

And I have to say, I'm chuffed to bits.

New Disco follows a Freelander of two years, which proved to be small for my expanding collection of kids, and Disco 2 of four years, which I thought was the dog's Censored . I have to say - not that this will come as any news to you - but the new machine is light years ahead of both.

Excellent relationship with my dealer, allied with LR's 1k loyalty bonus, won me a super deal and so we all smiled as I handed over the TD5 and snatched the keys for the TDV6.

My near-perma-smile faded somewhat tonight though. Chucked the newly gotten giant Christmas tree in the back effortlessly with a ain't-I-smart chuckle. Got home to find Scots pine sap had leaked out onto nice new Alpaca cloth pasenger seats - shock horror, deep breath in, and rapid search for the Scotchguard warranty. Just in case it should happen to you on route to the tree recycling centre chaps, the wife's nail polish remover did a splendid job (mops brow and breathes out).

New car is a big investment for me so I did my homework and spent some time on this forum before placing order and signing the cheque, so thanks all for sharing your hard won wisdom so readily.[/b]

Post #3334816th Dec 2005 12:06 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the site 4wheels, don't worry, you'll get used to the permanent grin on your face Very Happy

Si
 The End  
Post #3335616th Dec 2005 12:25 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Welcome 4wheels! what spec have you got?
Don't you just love that first drive home from the dealers Very Happy unfortunately, my dealer is ony 8 miles from home, so I had to 'revisit' some rarely travelled lanes on my way home in it Wink 3 months in and it's still special Embarassed yer, I know, sad

Post #3336016th Dec 2005 12:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4wheels

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Lowly spec 10forcash. Base 7 seater with a few essential additions only but I still suffer from perma-smile.

My ex TD5 was a GS which had two sunroofs (generally obscured by our topbox) and foglights (used perhaps three times in four years) so I won't miss either very much. Apart from that the spec was similar. Heated seats sounded great but then I was used to a car that took 20 minutes to get up to Comfortably Warm on cold mornings. I hear what you all say re FBH and timers, and that all sounds good, but I think just having the FBH is marvellous - I'm warm in a few miles of leaving the house on a cold day - and we have a few of those up around here, believe me.

I'm told by reliable sources that a prestige car that doesn't have SatNav won't be worth much in three year's time. That may be true but then isn't that what TomTom's about?

Post #3337816th Dec 2005 12:58 am
10forcash

Don't knock it matey, it's still the best 4X4Xfar..... enjoy... i do Wink
hope to see you on one of the Disco3 days

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #3338016th Dec 2005 1:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carl

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
10 for cash!

WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF YOU GOING IN THE WATER? ANY MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR TRUCK?

Post #3407821st Dec 2005 12:51 am
10forcash

Sorry, wasn't me....unashamedly nicked from http://www.allradmesse.at/allradkatalog/pressefotos/

have done some similar depth wading though.... no modifications required,
door seals were as dry as the day they left the factory and no electrical issued either

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #3408421st Dec 2005 8:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >