Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Kevin

United Kingdom 

Baben - Behave yourself Rolling Eyes
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Faultmate MSV-2 MULTI VEHICLE 

Post #47005520th May 2009 7:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
steve62

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi bbs spy
Just ordered the reset tool, just wondering how long it will take to come through?
Cheers Steve

Post #47250626th May 2009 10:38 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Doesn't the BBS web site give you a countdown of when its due Whistle Laughing Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #47250826th May 2009 10:45 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Nah SJR, apparently i love you guys so much and spend so much time here that even our distribs come here for their first hand info Rolling with laughter

You think i am joking, this week i get a mail from a distrib asking if i can confirm our D3 software will enable 4x4 info Shocked Shocked Shocked

Anyway Steve, thanks for your order.
Our production dept is currently building the first batch of the CAN mate SRT. All parts are in, most notably the main PCB,with the exception of the rotary switch. despite ordering bulk a couple of weeks ago, our supplier for them sent just 6. Shocked Shocked Shocked
with the rest to follow. How nice Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
We rang them up and asked them to define the term "stockist" to us, but they were about as impressed as we were. Rolling with laughter

We chased down the manufacturer in Switzerland who were helpfully on hols til Monday and having negotiated direct cross country trading practices that had us feeling like we were asking to buy bulk of some banned narcotic, we have now been promised nearly 100 of said items in the next day or two.

So, on that basis, it's safe to say we will be shipping easily before the weekend Thumbs Up

Post #47252326th May 2009 11:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
steve62

Recived my reset tool today, excellent worked first time Very Happy

Post #4754552nd Jun 2009 10:03 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Guys

We are actually there Milestone
Just wanted to let you know.

We started shipping a couple of days ago now, and boy do these talented and capable little units seem popular, especially our bulk deals. I feel sure the item will appear on EBAY soon Smile

Strangely no D3 forum members as yet, as no PM's of order numbers to solicit forum contributions Question

We have also been offered exclusivity deals on it, which for the better good we have so far declined Whistle

However this item is nothing more or less than the shape of good things to come from BBS. Thumbs Up

Post #4754582nd Jun 2009 10:14 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

steve62 wrote:
Recived my reset tool today, excellent worked first time Very Happy

BBS SPY wrote:

Strangely no D3 forum members as yet

Confused Confused
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #4754592nd Jun 2009 10:17 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Ah, he beat me to it by just a few minutes SJR.
I thought it was a bit quiet Very Happy

Good on yer Steve62, glad you like it. Thumbs Up

PM me your order number, and the board gets a donation too Thumbs Up

Post #4754772nd Jun 2009 10:57 pm
steve62

PM sent Thumbs Up

Post #4754792nd Jun 2009 11:09 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Got Steve, Thumbs Up
And thanks for the compliment, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
it's nice to be appreciated, but its just as nice to help out a member / enthusiast and the board at the same time

So do tell, which option did you select? 8)

It is kinda blink and you miss the moment sort of stuff ain't it. Laughing

Post #4755093rd Jun 2009 7:28 am
steve62

I went for option 5, and yeah it sure is quick Very Happy

Post #4759373rd Jun 2009 10:18 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Guys Guys Guys
I am astonished !!!!

Lots of you seemed to want a viable solution to reset the service interval counter in your D3's, or at least there were a lot of posts about it.

Yea, yea before anyone posts in reply, i know some model years can be done by pushing the buttons according to the tech spec, but there are quite a few which simply cannot be done that way. So please do not add that now.

In answer to demand and in accordance with my promise to find out and act upon the requirements i was presented with i have done many things now witnessed on this board. One of which was to knock up a cheap service reset tool.

I even pledged to donate a percentage of all first month sales to the board.

so now a month has passed and how many have we sold to you the members who wanted it

that's it

bless you steve62, but you are just 1

Frankly, i would be embarrassed to cut Martin a cheque for that but i will if i have to.
but i am going to offer one last chance for all members to buy this amazing gizmo that costs less that 50 GBP and does exactly what it says it will and which will include a donation to the board before i pull the plug on it.

Post #4925557th Jul 2009 10:11 pm
Adrian L

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Very Happy
 ï¿½I will go anywhere, as long as it be forward.� David Livingstone  
Post #5614807th Dec 2009 1:02 pm
disco_steve

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

I would like to add a comment regarding BB's reset tool

I have 'traded up' recently to a D3 from a 04MY D2,my old D2, which I bought new in Sept 04, was (arguably) one of the last to be built, and to start with I had it serviced by my local 'stealer' and the reason I use that word, is simply because I was getting RIPPED OFF big time. Evil or Very Mad

A standard service on the D2 consisted in simple terms of changing the filters (2 x oil, 1 x fuel, 1 x air) and on the major service changing the engine, gear box, transfer box and axle oils, LR used to allocate 4 hours labour for these tasks. Rolling Eyes

The deaer used to charge me around £300 labour, and £230 parts (total £530 + VAT) Crying or Very sad

Now - the D3 is in general more complicated, but the servicing has been stretched from 12k (D2) to 15k miles, and the LR book labour is now (so I'm told) 2.5 hours, because in real terms there is a lot less to do, most is only 'checks' in other words 'look at it' Rolling Eyes

BUT . . . my dealer now charges me £355 labour + parts + VAT (typically £580 upwards) Shocked

The point I'm trying to make with all this waffle is:-

Why is the D3 more costly, when it takes 1.5 hours less, the only oil to change is the engine, there are less filters etc etc

THe answer (in my opinion) is this -

Because the D3/4 and RRS etc have moved up market, the owners (who are generally affluent folk - they have to be to cough up £30k upwards for their cars) will EXPECT to pay more for the servicing, the whole main dealer concept is a RIP OFF Censored

So, going back to my D2, I opted to service it myself (I'm a very competant home mechanic) and on average it would cost my £100 all in, using quality parts (mostly OEM) Thumbs Up

Now LR have got wise to us home mechanics, they hate us (undestandably) so on the D3 and onward they introduce a electronic service monitor, ah ha, that will stuff the home mechanic, he will HAVE TO get it serviced by the dealer etc etc, you see, the likes of little ole me cannot afford T4 or other plug in equipment to interogate and reset the wizardry !!! Sad Sad

Then along comes the likes of BBS, who offers us at LONG LAST a cost effective alternative, at last, i CAN DO MY OWN SERVICING ON MY D3 - and better, cleaner and more concientiously than any dealer, after all my D3 is the love of my life, why wouldn't I care for it like a new born baby !!! Very Happy

So . . . WELL DONE BBS !!!!! Bow down (I'll buy one as soon as they are available - that's for sure Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Never get mad - get even !!

06 D3 now gone to family member and still going strong at 265k

previous vehicles:
04 D2 TD5 - (clocked 189k from new)
52 X-Trail 2.2 SVE
various euro boxes ! 

Post #5623058th Dec 2009 11:55 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

They've been available for quite a long time now disco_steve (look at the dates of the posts in this thread) - no need to wait in order to get your hands on one Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #5623139th Dec 2009 12:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >