Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

New owner, lots of (probably stupid) questions!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Damian4

United Kingdom 2007 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
New owner, lots of (probably stupid) questions!

Hi,

I have just upgraded the Freelander 2 we had to a 2005 Disco 3 HSE - it looks lovely but there are a few niggles/problems and I just thought I would ask about them.

1.Is the windscreen wiper supposed to wipe EVERY the I start and stop the ignition?
2.It appears my auto lights are not working as when it gets dark or I go through a tunnel etc the lights don't turn on - is the a common fault/easy to fix.
3.Front parking sensor appears not to be working, the light on the switch is on but not audible beeps can e heard (rear working fine) - again is this common/easy to fix.
4.In my old Freelander 2 if I put an MP3 CD into the stereo it would show the track name up on the stereo yet in the Disco 3 I just get track number - is this to be expected?
5.Can the power folding mirrors be set to automatically fold when the car is locked like the Freelander?

Thats it from my first drive so far! Love it but just a few initial question - thanks for your help!

Post #91130618th Mar 2012 3:01 pm
disco_steve

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Welcome to the forum, lots of info in here Thumbs Up

1, Just tried my wipers in 'auto' and the don't wipe unless the screen is 'wet' when cycling the ign on and off
2, Mine can be tempremental, don't always light up when driving through a shortish tunnel, until I'm almost out the other end Rolling Eyes
3, They are prone to dirt and damp, try removong, cleaning etc
4, Quite normal in a D3, display will show 'Data' at the top of the screen, and then folder and track numbers, but not name or artist.
5 Not that I know of, unless someone knows how, then I'd be interested in that one also.

p.s. the sat nav can be 'unlocked' to allow use when 'on the move', also 'clock on the dash' and 'follow me home' reverse lights in addition to headlights can be enabled. (if not already enabled on yours)

Anyone in here with a Faultmate multi vehicle licence can enable for you, (look up Bodsey or Wiggs, to name but two) Thumbs Up

Turning off the annoying seat belt alarm is also easy if not already done, with ign on, just pop the buckle in/out 9 times within 1 minute, to re-enable just repeat again (and so on) Wink
 Never get mad - get even !!

06 D3 now gone to family member and still going strong at 265k

previous vehicles:
04 D2 TD5 - (clocked 189k from new)
52 X-Trail 2.2 SVE
various euro boxes ! 

Post #91131218th Mar 2012 3:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >