Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Marshalls Didcot Oxford - poor service , read on....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Marshalls Didcot Oxford - poor service , read on....

Unimpressed with their customer service today...

MY16 Discovery HSE lux D4

1. Booked in via my lease company, had the email from Marshalls to confirm. Turned up the working day before to drop off to be told not in the diary. To be fair they took it and after writing all that I had requested onto post it notes it was done without ado. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

2. Had pointed out a hole in the leather on the arm rest where the underneath was clearly badly fitted and had protruded through the leather. Wanted that fixed under warranty. Was told by the lady who dealt with me that the technician said this was 'damage' and would cost £250 and not covered by warranty. Interesting...... Damage on the outside edge of the centre armrest when the underneath was clearly showing through. Please may I meet the service manager and the technician at my car to discuss..... % minutes later, Oh, you were right, warranty authorised.... Must be an oversight by the technician maybe.

3. Front towing eye cover. This infuriates me. Works loose all the time and has fallen off twice. had pointed that out to the service manager person who took the car in. Car was returned and I was told, not a problem we could see. Clearly the front towing eye had been pushed back into place although it doesn't fit all the way. By the time I had drive 7 miles home it was out of the clips again. See pics attached....

4. Finally.... I try to find an email contact to express my displeasure. None listed on the invoice and hard to find on the website. I did find a page of who's who on the website via Google and there are links to email the named individuals... So I email Mr Phil Simon, Head of Business..... and boing, back it bounces 'email address not recognised.....

FFS, Customer Service at it's finest........

I'll be on the phone tomorrow......stand by Mr Simon....

Post #193918723rd Apr 2018 8:21 pm
RAW

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

There was a LTB for that unclipping and they should fit a modified one under warranty they did mine
 MY18 RRS Autobiography Fuji White
MY15 D4 silver Commercial
MY11 D4 Fuji White Landmark (Gone)
MY11 D4 Silver Commercial(Gone)
Isuzu Utah D Max(Gone)
John Deere Gator HPX
Nifty Lift HR12
Kubota KX41-2 

Post #193920123rd Apr 2018 8:55 pm
RAW

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Service Action Q562 -Tow Eye Cover - 2015/16MY's Only Report post

Vin Range: 758690 - 782009

Quote:
A concern has been identified on a number of 2015 - 2016 model year Discovery 4 vehicles may have been manufactured away from process and in some cases, the front towing eye cover does not remain in place.

The front towing eye cover is retained by a push fit (visible side) and 4 quarter turn clips which retain it from underneath. The cover does not fit well into the upper lugs coming loose with the slightest touch/jolt. In its loose position it remains attached however it may come completely away.

Action to be taken

Unsold vehicles must be repaired prior to hand-over of the vehicle for retail sale.

At the next service opportunity you are requested to Visually check and feel for looseness. Part should be fitting into recesses tightly and remain. If loose (pop out) when slight pressure applied at either end on top then remove the old part and replace with newly moulded part.
 MY18 RRS Autobiography Fuji White
MY15 D4 silver Commercial
MY11 D4 Fuji White Landmark (Gone)
MY11 D4 Silver Commercial(Gone)
Isuzu Utah D Max(Gone)
John Deere Gator HPX
Nifty Lift HR12
Kubota KX41-2 

Post #193920223rd Apr 2018 8:57 pm
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

As ever, thank you fellow forum members.

I will be back onto them this morning...

Post #193925324th Apr 2018 7:07 am
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Nothings improved their since either took mine in for suspension fault not allowing suspension to access height.
The car arrived with fault,didn't go in in time as RRs in front ?,car came 2hrs later washed with note no fault found even after testing it?.
Service advisor giving the flannel not impressed at all got back in car and drove off and bong light comes on within 200 mtrs so back I go and the look on his face when I show him the fault,car goes back and he presto faulty compressor diagnosed.
Nearly 5 hrs in that morgue of a place no soul ,staff are all so young 20 something spot the older person.
Looks like all the staff from cumnor have gone including the mechanics ?

Post #19429846th May 2018 8:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >