Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

New SE but what year - update!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GJS

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
New SE but what year - update!

The dealer suggested that I talk to LR customer service to sort out my spare wheel problem and what should be included on the car.

It turns out my car is an 06 build (6A Vin). Built on 28th September 2005.

Apparently SE spec changed on 15th September to remove full-size spare wheel but xenon headlights remained until builds from 5th December when the new standard options of roof rails, front PDC and cooler box were brought in and xenons removed.

All dealers receive information about these changes and should be able to tell you what is on a car. The problem appears to be with dealer process. If they find a pre-built car they don't then confirm the build date and what it includes as standard with the client prior to delivery.

I explained to my dealer that I would have no way of knowing all of this in advance and had I known would have added a full size spare as an option. They have agreed to swap the spare which is great.

My advice would be to get a list of all standard options included on the dealer order form that you sign. There can then be no confusion.

You live and learn!
 TDV6 SE - Buckingham Blue with Alpaca  
Post #4979424th Mar 2006 10:48 am
Andy4467

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

When I ordered mine I requested an order specification and received an "Order Detail Report". this gives a list of everything fitted to the vehicle and it also quotes model year - mine being a 2005 build.
I did this because car specifications from all manufacturers change regularly, and I though it important to know exatly what I was paying for!
Allthough I can't remember if the spare wheel size was quoted, I was pleasently surprised to have full size wheel.
I think the usual quote in brochures goes something like this:" We reserve the right to alter the exact specification.......etc."
4000 miles on and still V-Happy
 Some say the glass is half full. Others that it is half empty. I say 'Are you drinking that?"

Cairns Blue, Ebony Leather, SE
BMW 320d M sport 

Post #4981424th Mar 2006 11:34 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: New SE but what year - update!

GJS wrote:
My advice would be to get a list of all standard options included on the dealer order form that you sign. There can then be no confusion.!

what I said in a reply to your other thread Wink And yes Its a good idea as that report will ensure your rights are protected should anything have changed.

-s

Post #4985624th Mar 2006 2:12 pm
knightma

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Very good advice just 2 months too late for me. With regards to what I wrote in the other thread, the dealer has now written to me offering a "good will gesture" of £350 worth of goods or services in leu of the Xenons I didn't get. A derisery offer I'll not be accepting considering the Xenons are a £695 option. He's spoken to LR and they've told him the Xenons are not retrofittable (I have this in writing) but I've read on this site they are providing the car has the self leveling air suspension which my SE has. Can anyone shead some more light on this?

He also mentioned the fact they "reserve the right to alter specifications, prices and equipment without notice" as it says in the brochure. Fine I can accept that but what he didn't mention was the next sentence which states "Please consult your Land Rover dealer who will be pleased to advise you on current specifications". This they certainly didn't do as my first contact with them was January and as he admitted himself, he'd already been briefed by LR in December about the spec changes.

Post #4989124th Mar 2006 5:36 pm
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
SE spec changed on 15th September to remove full-size spare wheel
The full size spare was actually deleted an the change over from 05 to 06 model which occured a couple of months prior to 15th September.  
Post #4989424th Mar 2006 5:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >