Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

New steering wheel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
PeanutBob

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
New steering wheel

For info my Disc 3 HSE goes in on Friday for a replacement steering wheel under warranty. During the heat of July the top part of the steering wheel melted and has now a crinkled appearance. I thought it was leather! Anyway, for those with Disco 3s in a hot country take care!!

Post #9670025th Oct 2006 2:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
catweasel

will find out come February

Post #9671425th Oct 2006 3:32 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

CW U still up, must be middle of the night where U are???????

Post #9671625th Oct 2006 3:34 pm
catweasel

just keeping an eye on you lot who are in the wrong time zone

Post #9671825th Oct 2006 3:37 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Just as long as you don't bring the International Date Line into it, I can just about cope with normal time differences.

Post #9672125th Oct 2006 3:56 pm
catweasel

Oct 27 here

Post #9672225th Oct 2006 4:00 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

25th here according to my PC. Are U deliberately messing with my mind or is that a good side effect??? Wink

Post #9672525th Oct 2006 4:06 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

This was also reported by a forum member in Florida.

Post #9679125th Oct 2006 8:18 pm
Q8_LR3

Kuwait 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueLR3

I have the same problem with my steering wheel but the dealer told me that it's not a warranty job and I have to pay for it Sad
 '05 LR3 HSE V8 - Adriatic Blue - Larini Exhaust System - Lamp Guards - Dual battery system - Hidden 12k winch - Rasta Sump Guard  
Post #9680025th Oct 2006 8:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I take you disagreed with them? surely a vehicle that can cross deserts, and conquer jungles should not melt when exposed to a bit of sun?

Sounds like the old peeling dash syndrome that affected 300TDi Disco made from 94 - 95. My next door neighbour successfully sued Land Rover at the time, and got a new dash fitted. He used the above argument in the summons. LR backed down prior to it actually going to court.

Post #9680325th Oct 2006 8:53 pm
Q8_LR3

I think that I'm gonna do the same as this one 8)

'05 LR3 HSE V8 - Adriatic Blue - Larini Exhaust System - Lamp Guards - Dual battery system - Hidden 12k winch - Rasta Sump Guard  
Post #9680525th Oct 2006 9:09 pm
PeanutBob

Q8_LR3 wrote:
I have the same problem with my steering wheel but the dealer told me that it's not a warranty job and I have to pay for it Sad

Well, I had to take the Disco into James Edwards Chester in September due to a bluetooth problem, and I pointed out that the steering wheel had melted at the top, during july when the temperature outside was 30 deg C+, and after the service guy had inspected it, he said it was a warranty issue. It has been on back order since then. I cannot think how it could not be a warranty issue unless you had briefly put a blowtorch on it!
Also, I now have low coolant (not the sender) several times,and the lower tailgate recoil wire on the left side has pulled the recoil grommet out of it's housing. It's a great car, but unlike the X5 I had before, niggling issues are going to occur.

Post #9680725th Oct 2006 9:10 pm
Q8_LR3

I forgot to mention that at summer the temperature reaches 50c sometimes. I have to drop the car next week for an oil change and I will mention the steering wheel again.

BTW the low coolant warning is a common problem in the LR3, the dealer has changed the expansion tank for my car and every thing is still ok.
Post #9681025th Oct 2006 9:25 pm
PeanutBob

Q8_LR3 wrote:
I forgot to mention that at summer the temperature reaches 50c sometimes. I have to drop the car next week for an oil change and I will mention the steering wheel again.

BTW the low coolant warning is a common problem in the LR3, the dealer has changed the expansion tank for my car and every thing is still ok.

Ok, but ref low coolant level I bought the car with 11000 miles on it exactly 1 year ago (now 39000 miles) and only in the past 4 weeks has the low coolant message been popping up - each time (twice) it needs a litre of water, so it's going somewhere! Anyway, it's in on friday.

Post #9681425th Oct 2006 9:51 pm
PeanutBob

Q8_LR3 wrote:

Okay, new steering wheel today, and new expansion tank! Disco has to go back in next Friday for replacement lower tailgate recoil wire mechanism. I have to say the dealer James Edwards, Chester has never been less than polite and efficient! I always think that if you make an effort to be so, it is often repaid. Dealers get some stick occasionally, but no matter what vehicle it is, they have to put up with so many..well maybe timewasters is too strong a word...! OTT I was in Currys electrical store last weekend - a late middle aged couple engaged the salesman for half an hour (well I couldn't wait to see the predicted result) about 42" plasma tvs, Lcds and so on, finally leaving undecided about buying a small portable tv. The salesman to his credit gave them all the info possible, but it was never going to happen!

Post #9724227th Oct 2006 10:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >