Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

New windscreen fitted FOC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Frodo

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
New windscreen fitted FOC

I made an appointment for my D3's annual inspection/MOT and as an afterthought mentioned that my the righthand side heating grid did not seem to be doing its job. The diagnosis was that that the grid had failed and a new windscreen would be covered by my extended warranty. This was a welcome turn of events as I had some annoying chips directly in my line of sight after a run in with a concrete mixing truck.

after receiving it I was pleased that the screen was installed carefully with no damage to paint or trim. Very Happy A day later we had a hard rainstorm and I was disappointed to find that the windscreen had leaked along the top from the mirror all the way along the the near (passenger) side. Big Cry

After work I returned my D3 to the dealership and once again had a loaner car. The result was that the sunroof drain tubes were blocked and they were fixed FOC. I happily picked my baby up. Very Happy

Yesterday it again rained heavily and the leak reoccurred along the same spot! Big Cry Now I have another appointment on Monday to have this sorted Sad

The dealership has been very helpful I do not hold this against them. I'm just having a run of bad luck. So thank you to the Great Britains in Willow Grove Pennsylvania. I just pray that it is sorted by Thursday as I have a business trip on Friday and need my nav system.

BTW the windscreen was installed under the supervision of the dealership on the premises with OEM glass.

My apologies if anyone did not find this interesting but I wanted to get it off my chest. I'm a little down today.
 2000 Discovery 2 Kent Green (totaled) R.I.P.
2006 Discovery 3 HSE Bonatti Grey 

Post #7841719th Apr 2011 5:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >