Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Newbe to the D3 World would like some advice please!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jungleboy

Newbe to the D3 World would like some advice please!!

Hi
Looking to purchase a D3 in the summer to cart the family here there and everywhere and would like to call upon the vast experience of the guys in the know.
What sort of pit falls do i need to be aware of when looking at a potencial purchase!!!!

Any advice on what i should look for and price tag i would expect, would be much appreciated!!

Looking for a D3 HSE prefered with 50-60k miles on the clock, Leather, 7 seats

Cheers

Post #91120318th Mar 2012 10:36 am
haroosh

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

My advise is whatever car you get make sure you have a reserve maintenance budget a little more than you might have for other cars. Worth factoring into the purchase in my opinion. They are heavy cars and pretty hard wearing on components. As long as you have a piggy bank set aside and a goodnindependant garage near you then no worries. They are great all round cars...

Post #91123218th Mar 2012 11:35 am
DerbyshireDisco

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Can't comment on price as that would depend on where you bought but try to buy from a LR dealership if your budget will allow as that way you will get a 12 month approved LR warranty.

Post #91125418th Mar 2012 11:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

and get the vehicle "independently inspected" regardless of whether yer buy from a dealer (LR or otherwise), you's be suprised how many poor maintained D3's people have bought just coz the paintwork looks nice and shinny - AA/RAC worth a punt.

BTW worth getting the D3's diagnostics read to see what fault codes are stored/injector balances etc as these issues may cost yer £1000's and with some older D3's now showing problems with injectors Big Cry

Post #91126218th Mar 2012 12:11 pm
nestu

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Good advice.

Hi Jungleboy, some good advice from Character, when I took a complaint to Land Rover they said a) the dealer I bought my Approved used Discovery from was nothing to do with them as he was a 'franchise dealer' (Lakeland Land Rover) and the warranty was nothing to do with them as extended warranties on Land Rovers over 3 years old are Car Care Plan not Land Rover Warranties. I have since learned that the warranty issue is well known on the Forum, just was news to me when I found out. It might seem an unnecessary expense but an 'independent inspection' could well save you money! Good luck with your purchase, despite my on going problems still love my D3.

Post #9169483rd Apr 2012 9:56 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >