Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Newspaper article
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
angrd020

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

These guys should spend more time trying to advocate bringing more income to the people, istead of helping the government find ways to pillage it at the expense of tax paying proper 4X4 driving citizens. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

ALR
 2005 Tonga Green Land Rover LR3(Yes I wheel it!!!)
2002 Shale Green Jeep WranglerX(Yes I wheel it!!!)
1994 Red Jeep Cherokee (Use it as a spare vehicle)

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!! 

Post #4915321st Mar 2006 11:01 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

sorry, love to stop and chat but i've got a bag full of kittens to drown and the next door neighbour has asked me to assist him in euthanasia.
Tomorrow, i'm going to plough through a bus-stop worth of kids (for the sake of our future gene pool) and I need to find time to bath the hampster and carefully dry it in the microwave. After tea, i'll need to find time to burn off an entire tank of diesel outside the local hospital's asmatic ward before stealing all the surgical appliances from the nearest care home before driving home for a dinner of beluga caviar (note the spelling VA Wink ) and chips cooked in beef dripping - followed by a good dose of 40000 woodbine untipped

Is that 'bad' enough Bliar, you Censored ?

Post #4915621st Mar 2006 11:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

why don't they jusy scrap the VED and just stick it on fuel anyway? that way they would catch all the scroats that don't buy car tax? anyway can't chat I've another three pairs of Badger fur slippers with fox fir insoles to finish....
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #4915721st Mar 2006 11:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
catoperator

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Alveston RedDiscovery 3
scrap the unimog

this is a bit more like it

Post #4915821st Mar 2006 11:12 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Iain mate... but imagine all the TAX he will extract from you just by making you angry... I can see loads of taxable items in that list of 'stress release activities'

Better to burn the protesters... or at least MAKE them listen to sense - oh forgot - they are stupid and refuse to listen to reason.

Maybe its because they live in Camden, Fulham, Chelsea etc... and have no thoughts whatsoever about the rest of the country... well London is the centre of everything of course.

Get used to it. They want all our money, thus forcing us off the road (not in the good off the road way) so they can shop in Harrods without a worry about parking outside in their gas guzzling Mercs and Bimmers and blocking the country bound D3's from getting out of the crappy place.

Oh and BBC1 News very soon has a package on all this... and YES they have featured a 4x4 and not a gas guzzling sports car or limo.

-s

Post #4915921st Mar 2006 11:14 pm
10forcash

yer, i'd love to slam that bucket on Bliars head until the hydraulics failed Very Happy
Can't stop - i'm off (seal) clubbing tonight Whistle
I'm willing to bet that if I was a one legged, pregnant, lesbian, blind, black, first genreration immigrant (which i'm not Rolling Eyes ) i'd get a disco3 on motability and a £20k council tax rebate to pay for the fuel Banging Head

Post #4916721st Mar 2006 11:19 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

TFC why don't you say what you mean instead of beating around the bush? Very Happy Shocked
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #4917021st Mar 2006 11:23 pm
10forcash

Simon, fair point - maybe we should run our cental heating on tree-huggers instead of Russian gas?

Post #4917121st Mar 2006 11:24 pm
10forcash

blue meanie wrote:
TFC why don't you say what you mean instead of beating around the bush? Very Happy Shocked
well if you insist.... Wink
I've shot better people than the ones that supposedly run 'our' country Sad

Post #4917221st Mar 2006 11:25 pm
simon

so the greenie on the news just said that 4x4's are anti social. WHY ?

Tel me what is more anti social ?

A 3L petrol Audi / BMW / Merc or a diesel D3 / RRS ?

Also tell me what is more anti social (using his argument against ALL 4x4's) ?

Suzuki Jimney (a BN favourite) or a 13m long bendy bus that takes great pleasure in forcing its way into the traffic ?

-s

Post #4917521st Mar 2006 11:25 pm
simon

Oh god... even Newsnight is hammering 4x4's... oh and its London focused again !

Must stop paying the BBC for me telly license.

-s

Post #4921021st Mar 2006 11:57 pm
simon

here you can air your opinion... and they are all so far from drivers of 4x4's and make complete rational sense. Unlike the greens on the programme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/4830164.stm

-s

Post #4921722nd Mar 2006 12:05 am
10forcash

bit of common sense here, not just on 4x4's but the demonising of vehicular travel in general...
http://www.abd.org.uk/quotes.htm

Post #4925822nd Mar 2006 11:08 am
JMC

Scotland 
Newsnight Feedback

I'm posting my comments there as I doubt they will be published on the BBC site:

My new 4x4 averages over 30mpg, can carry more than your average car and is built to withstand the terrible state of the roads. If the Govt looked after the roads network then we could all drive cars made of Balsa Wood - THEY DONT - Despite getting my money to do so. Therfore I choose to run my Tonka Toy. Besides, we do get a fair bit of snow here and my 4x4 is much safer than a 'girls car' when the going gets white! Smile

Post #4926422nd Mar 2006 11:24 am
zebadee

Ireland 

We have the “anti 4x4” people here in Ireland too, along with the completely irrational argument of them “toppling over” etc.

But just in an attempt to try to make you guys feel a little better, I’d would only love to be able to pay your rate of road tax, even with the proposed £50.00 increase !!!

To tax my TDV6 here it costs me EUR 1,033.00 every year, at today’s X rate that’s £714.00stg !! Shocked

Not to mention the cost of the vehicle was EUR 70,000.00 or £48,383.00stg, for an SE & that’s without leather or xenons, like you have in the UK ! Sad

Of that purchase price, something like 33% of it goes to the government as VRT, (vehicle registration tax)

Apparantly Ireland has one of the lowest pre-tax car costs in Europe & after the government shaft us, we end up with one of the highest after-tax costs, second only I think to Norway or Finland.

So really guys, you don’t have it too bad at all over in the UK.

Oh & another thing you have great roads over there !! I know you mightn’t think so, but come over here for a while & you you’ll appreciate the road network you have. Confused

Post #4927022nd Mar 2006 11:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >