DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

newtolr - 9 weeks into my D3 ownership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
newtolr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
newtolr - 9 weeks into my D3 ownership

Morning all,

Just thought I'd put down my experiences of owning a D3 after 9 weeks.

SO far, noticed today I have covered 6000 miles in that time and have had the following challenges/issues in the 9 weeks since I picked up the D3.

1. Airbag warning light - dealer replaced the airbag in the drivers seat.
2. Cruise Control - Not working and dealer fixed by re-terminating wires, it was an intermittent fault.
3. A bird strike within the 1st month and no damage, was a pheasant so expected a few dents.

I have also done the follwoing.

1. Check the tyre pressure every week and have only had the drivers side front go down by 2psi after 5000 miles, the rest were as filled up new.
2. Have checked the oil every week and have put in 1ltr so far at 4500 miles or so.
3. Have cleaned the car every 2 weeks, it's black and gets very dirty on my 150 mile commute into Docklands every day.
4. Bought the rubber mat for the boot and cut to shape, saves cleaning the boot every two weeks.

Other than that and reading this site I have had no other issues at the moment and fell very lucky. I find the car fantastic to drive, I travel on B roads, A roads and Motorways every day, average 27mpg via the computer.

I cannot say enough thanks to the people on this site who are dedicated to helping and fielding some rather mundane questions (from myself), its the best site on the internet I believe for D3 ownership.

Also, I have been very sad but I wanted to try and find out exactly how much the fuel is costing and what is the true MPG of the D3, so to this end I fill up on BP Ultimate (there is a reason for this) using a fuel card so track the mileage and costs and other than the 40 litres in the tank when I picked up from dealer and the 20 litres of fuel when I could not find a BP garage. This means at some point soon I will work out and report what I am getting, might wait till 10000 miles for a nice round number.

So, thanks again to everyone on the sitefor their help.

Regards

Post #267168th Nov 2005 7:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Moved into 'My Discovery 3' - best place for this type of thread

Good to hear it's going well Very Happy
 The End  
Post #267378th Nov 2005 10:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >