Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

Next Discovery - Spy Shot Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 164 of 164 <123 ... 162163164
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

stiff wrote:
The New Discovery is just that. A new Disco. It is not, was never meant to be and will never be a “D5” and therefore the direct replacement to the D4. LR has never called it the D5. So comparing sales figures is pointless. Apples and oranges etc.

The “New Defender” will be the spiritual “D5”. (Because the Defender is long dead in all but name).

(Just my opinion.... Whistle )

The only reason that they did that was because having a number after the name has a knock on affect on residuals. Look at the cars from the German marques especially, none of them are officially known by a mark number; BMW are a case in point - each has a near impenetrable “E” code, which only mean something to the geeky. LR have now followed this route and are known by a sequence of random numbers beginning with “L”.

The Discovery is a bit of an oddity in that customers are so used to it that we still call the last Discoveries “4’s”, while the funny one is inevitably called the “5”. Dealers do their best not to use these numbers, as they’re told, but they know that to be understood, they are sooner or later going to have to refer to it as a “5”.
 2011 FL2 TD4 XS Kosrae Green
2012 FL2 TD4 HSE Firenze Red
2013 FL2 SD4 HSE Lux Firenze Red
2015 D4 SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
2015 D4 SDV6 HSE Lux Aintree Green
2017 FFRR SDV8 AB Aintree Green 

Post #20444359th Apr 2019 5:31 am
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

APL wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:

The Disco was never their best seller, not by a long way. Rolling Eyes

I beg to differ. Certainly in the earlier days of the Discovery I seem to recall it was indeed their best seller and in fact was a life saver for the marque at the time....

The D4s still far exceeds the D5s meandering around the Sevenoaks area. Our school car park used to be filled with D4s. Now, as the D4s get exchanged, they seem to be being swapped out for Volvos, BMWs and Audis. We've got approx. 5 D5s at school. I thought we'd have many more by now. People want reliability, less trips to the dealers for software updates and not having to fill up the AdBlue all the time. They also want a good dealership that does what they say they will do.

We do seem to have an increase in Velars and Evoques. And now the new Evoque has morphed slightly into the Velar ... I'm assuming the DS will have a facelift soon.

I adore my D4. Not put a wheel wrong in 3 years. We'll stick with it until perhaps the service pack runs out and then see how loyal we feel to the brand in the next year or so.
 My16 HSE Landmark - 2016 - Current. Indus Silver
My11 HSE - 2011- 2016. Stornoway Grey 

Post #20445819th Apr 2019 5:00 pm
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

[quote="Red Merle"]
stiff wrote:

The Discovery is a bit of an oddity in that customers are so used to it that we still call the last Discoveries “4’s”, while the funny one is inevitably called the “5”. Dealers do their best not to use these numbers, as they’re told, but they know that to be understood, they are sooner or later going to have to refer to it as a “5”.

I'm going to sound like a right Mingmong .... if the Discovery 5 isn't known as the Discovery 5 / D5 then what is it supposed to be called ? ... Sir Mixalotsshagwagon ? Rolling with laughter
 My16 HSE Landmark - 2016 - Current. Indus Silver
My11 HSE - 2011- 2016. Stornoway Grey 

Post #20445829th Apr 2019 5:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 164 of 164 <123 ... 162163164
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >