DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

nick2506 - Another TDV6 SE auto on the road
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nick2506

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
nick2506 - Another TDV6 SE auto on the road

Hello to all,

One week on and 600 miles in my new Disco, it's nearly been fault free, and would you believe, an indicated 32MPG Smile

I'm on my 5th Disco since 1990 so have experienced most of the 'quirks' each new model has to offer. Now I'm a Disco 3 owner, I have quite a few new 'features' to get used to.

Could someone please advise me on a few things before I take issue with my dealer.

1. HDC failure, park brake failure, auto box failure messages on the console sometimes seen just after start up. So far all errors clear by switching off and on again, (where are the CTL ALT DEL keys Question ). Are these something everyone lives with, or is it a dealer repair job ?

2. No 4X4 menu option on the touch screen. Just the Settings and Navigation options. Should an SE spec Disco have the ability to show the 4X4 screen ?

I look forward to hearing for you,

Cheers.

Nick Wink

Post #2908722nd Nov 2005 3:11 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well done! Thumbs Up

Do you wait for the 'bootup' 'bong' before starting?

not sure about the SE Nav options, I'm sure someone will be along soon who does know Wink

cheers,

10forcash

Post #2909022nd Nov 2005 3:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Re: Another TDV6 SE auto on the road

Welcome Nick

nick2506 wrote:

1. HDC failure, park brake failure, auto box failure messages on the console sometimes seen just after start up. So far all errors clear by switching off and on again, (where are the CTL ALT DEL keys Question ). Are these something everyone lives with, or is it a dealer repair job ?
Down the dealers you go Nick, probaby as simple as a loose or faulty connector in the wiring loom.

nick2506 wrote:
2. No 4X4 menu option on the touch screen. Just the Settings and Navigation options. Should an SE spec Disco have the ability to show the 4X4 screen ?
It's only standard on the HSE, factory option on all other versions

Si
 The End  
Post #2909122nd Nov 2005 3:18 pm
BN

England 
Re: Another TDV6 SE auto on the road

nick2506 wrote:
Hello to all,

One week on and 600 miles in my new Disco, it's nearly been fault free, and would you believe, an indicated 32MPG Smile

I'm on my 5th Disco since 1990 so have experienced most of the 'quirks' each new model has to offer. Now I'm a Disco 3 owner, I have quite a few new 'features' to get used to.

Could someone please advise me on a few things before I take issue with my dealer.

I look forward to hearing for you,

Cheers.

Nick Wink

Welcome Nick, what you have just highlighted is what I have thought for sometime now and that is, just how many people are actually driving with errors and ignoring them or rebooting effectively. I have a strong suspicion that many drivers don't even look at the dash board and if they do, have no idea of what it is telling them.

Your errors should be pointed out to the dealer and EPQR's for each one reported.

The 'boing' should not in fact effect the start up, but it does. Most of us that have had errors wait for the sound then start the engine.

Report all the defects to the dealer immediately

Post #2912522nd Nov 2005 8:04 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Welcome to DISCO3 Nick, and congratulations on your purchase Mr. Green
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #2914922nd Nov 2005 9:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alistair

United Kingdom 

Hi Nick

Nice to know I am not the only new guy. The feedback on the startup sequence/boing is useful.

I dont know about you but I am getting manual blindness reading through all the info, It does look a bit like space invaders or maybe galaxians when you first turn the key Im sure I will decipher it all soon.

32MPG sounds great to me, You should have all seen my wife's face when I filled it up from fumes to full for the first time Confused Shocked (head in hands). One of life's luxuries. Very Happy

Post #2927923rd Nov 2005 12:48 pm
Jon

United Kingdom 

Hi Nick

Not long after getting my Disco, I had every driver warning error in the book thrown at me. Started with ‘Suspension fault’ and went through the lot. I couldn’t believe for one minute that everything had broken at the same time, but I called the dealers right away and the dealer said “switch it off and try again”. I’ve never seen the problem since.

Anyone who works in the micro electronics, IT or software game will know this fixes 99% of issues.

Deffo, tell the dealer as you may need to rely on the history of failures to win an argument with the dealer one day.
 A lone Disco in the land of the Cayenne.  
Post #2931223rd Nov 2005 3:34 pm
nick2506

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Thanks for the info

Thanks guys for your quick answers. I've not has any warning bongs for the last few days, hopefully things have sorted them selves out Question .

I've just got back from the dealer to take issue with them on my missing mud flaps and a real spare wheel, not the useless steel item I've got. They were both 'promised' or should I say, to be included as a part of the SE spec Disco 3, when ordered. Now the car has arrived as an 06 spec car, they have been deleted from the standard SE build so I ain't got them Mad

My dealer is very willing to sell me both items Evil or Very Mad

Can anyone advise on my rights to a free set of flaps and a wheel from the dealer under these circumstances.

P.S both items were reported missing to the dealer on day one.

Please someone cheer me up... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

However I'm off work tomorrow, so I'm out for a drive somewhere, and they say it's going to snow.........Mmmmmmm Nice Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers, Nick.

Post #2966524th Nov 2005 3:54 pm
hgrees

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Hi Nick, I took delivery of a 2006 TDV6 SE Auto last Thursday. What a car comparec to my last TD5 Disco!!.
Just a quick question the about your car.
Does your voice activation work on all functions?, i.e. Radio, CD, SatNav, Phone and Voice help?
Mine recognises the phone and voice instructions but nothing else!. I've got my delaer looking into the problem as it's supposed to work!.
Otherwise the car is excellent!
Happy Motoring

Cheers

Huw

Post #3049330th Nov 2005 10:08 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Welcome to DISCO3 Huw Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #3050230th Nov 2005 10:14 pm
hgrees

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Many thanks for the welcome!. Nice to have such a lot of info available on the Disco 3.

Huw

Post #3053030th Nov 2005 10:36 pm
BN

England 

You are most welcome and also welcome to the site.

Post #3053930th Nov 2005 10:47 pm
D33

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Thanks for the info

nick2506 wrote:
Thanks guys for your quick answers. I've not has any warning bongs for the last few days, hopefully things have sorted them selves out Question .

I've just got back from the dealer to take issue with them on my missing mud flaps and a real spare wheel, not the useless steel item I've got. They were both 'promised' or should I say, to be included as a part of the SE spec Disco 3, when ordered. Now the car has arrived as an 06 spec car, they have been deleted from the standard SE build so I ain't got them Mad

My dealer is very willing to sell me both items Evil or Very Mad

Can anyone advise on my rights to a free set of flaps and a wheel from the dealer under these circumstances.

P.S both items were reported missing to the dealer on day one.

Please someone cheer me up... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

However I'm off work tomorrow, so I'm out for a drive somewhere, and they say it's going to snow.........Mmmmmmm Nice Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers, Nick.

I got the same surprise with the mud flaps! there were none when the car was delivered in Dec 2005 although the Specs in September said there would be. The dealer inquired ... and said that LR decided to change its specs and remove the mud flaps from all models. In exchange, he told me the car suspension system was updated and now offer this extra 35mm suspension that is automatically actuated when the car is on the chassis and wheels are spinning. (this feature is described in the manual ... and I thought it was already installed !!!). he said he had a technical note detailing the change of specs. I have not seen it yet.
He also offers to sale the flaps Evil or Very Mad 20% off

haw was the snow?
 The Mat's  
Post #3735813th Jan 2006 6:43 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
In exchange, he told me the car suspension system was updated and now offer this extra 35mm suspension that is automatically actuated when the car is on the chassis and wheels are spinning. (this feature is described in the manual ... and I thought it was already installed !!!). he said he had a technical note detailing the change of specs. I have not seen it yet.

Errr no. This feature is called "Extended Mode" and has been there since day 1, he is telling you porky's Rolling Eyes

Post #3736513th Jan 2006 7:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >