Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

Nitto Terra Grapler 285/60/18 info
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
freeflytim

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Yes. Mine came with the 6 Spoke 19" V8 rims and I got a full set of 18" V8 10 spokes off of ebay.

Since we have the V8, the brake rotors are bigger and that's been the rub, so to speak. No one makes a rim that will fit... except the LR V8 18" ones.

I thought someone down in your corner of the world found a solution using Coopers and a rim that is only sold in OZ? That would be a helluva lot cheaper than buying rims from the stealership.
 Wa Hoo
-Tim
Chattanooga Tennessee USA
D3 V8HSE7HD
D1 kitted trail truck.
A Hummer is just a Hummer. A Land Rover goes all the way. 

Post #4460827th Feb 2006 5:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stevo68

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks Tim, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel Very Happy , I will look into the 18's that you mentioned, but also see if something can be done with the dealer. Have you noticed any difference in handling onroad etc with the 18's?? Or is the main difference being offroad now, ie much better than before. Thanks again,

Regards

Stevo
 2005 D3 HSE V8, General Tire AT2 255/55/R18, Kaymar Rear Bar and Wheel Carrier
Off Road: http://server1.pictiger.com/albums/563/ormeau-hills/ 

Post #4471427th Feb 2006 11:54 pm
freeflytim

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

The Nittos on wet pavement are actually a bit more slick than the Goodyears. I feel the DSC kicking in more often than before. But that could be because of two things, The Goodyears are more of a 'street tire' designed more for pavement, or, Im hitting the corners harder on the Nittos. Im guessing the first reason. Wink Off road wise, hard really to tell really unless I had two trucks at the same time and same place, but I feel pretty confident that they are better in the muck... just knowing that they are 'off road' type tires gives me warm fuzzies. Bigger lugs and thicker sidewalls HAVE to help!
 Wa Hoo
-Tim
Chattanooga Tennessee USA
D3 V8HSE7HD
D1 kitted trail truck.
A Hummer is just a Hummer. A Land Rover goes all the way. 

Post #4473828th Feb 2006 2:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stevo68

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Quote:
just knowing that they are 'off road' type tires gives me warm fuzzies. Bigger lugs and thicker sidewalls HAVE to help!
I agree, more confidence will be a big plus, thanks for the feedback, will let ya know how I go,

Regards

Stevo
 2005 D3 HSE V8, General Tire AT2 255/55/R18, Kaymar Rear Bar and Wheel Carrier
Off Road: http://server1.pictiger.com/albums/563/ormeau-hills/ 

Post #4473928th Feb 2006 2:31 am
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

I'm also running 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 18" 10 spoke rims. Works great, including off roading.

Click image to enlarge

Post #522906th Apr 2006 7:04 am
rockjock

2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

I've got around 13K on my Nitto's now, they look like they could go another 30K. Also of note, Consumer Reports recently rated the Nitto Terra Grappler their top performer in AT tire ratings. One tire I would definately look at now is the Goodyear Silent Armor Wrangler in 18" size. Goodyear rates them almost as well as MTR's in offroad traction and they have an off road recovery program, you ruin a tire out there and they come to you.
 was 00 D2 > then 04 D2 > now 05 LR3  
Post #5374817th Apr 2006 6:44 pm
rclark777

Nitto Terra Grapler 285/60/18 on Rang Rover HSE

Great Post and a great looking tire. I have a 2003 RRHSE and am trying desperately to find a tire beyond the boring stock ones that come with the Range Rover. I know this is a Disco forum but I thought maybe you might know if that tire would work on the RR HSE without creating problems with the hydraulic access/leveling system? I know I would need to get 18" rims - which I can't seem to find either - Any suggestions would be helpful.

Again, the Disco looks great!

Post #8133530th Aug 2006 7:34 am
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
about tyres

good article about tyres here. I'll take the tyres pictured on the G4 and a spare set of rims personally.

http://www.rangerovers.net/outfitting/tires/mkiiitires.html

I might also suggest, all signup/setup and add their own rover to to RoverMap - here --
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/atlas.php?mode=viewmap

Post #828305th Sep 2006 6:00 pm
clfno1

Hi guys,

Really like the look of the 285/60R18's. Do you know if anyone has fitted them to a Renage Rover III and if there was any problems with clearance with the suspension at its lowest or rubbing when on full lock?

Thanks

Post #5741794th Jan 2010 7:56 pm
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

clfno1 wrote:
Hi guys,

Really like the look of the 285/60R18's. Do you know if anyone has fitted them to a Renage Rover III and if there was any problems with clearance with the suspension at its lowest or rubbing when on full lock?

Thanks

It just so happens that a friend of mine is running the 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon's on his MkIII full size Rangie. Here are his comments in response to your question:

"I have almost zero rubbing issues. I can be at access height and full steering lock both ways no rubbing. Pretty much all off road situations I never rub. The only time I have had rubbing is on high speed "rally racing" runs where I hit bumps really hard and my left rear tire (tyre for you co.uk guys Smile ) would rub on the upper inner fender (on the metal part) due to the tire width. It has made slight slices in the tire all the way around, nothing to be alarmed about. I would not hesitate running this size tire again, looks and works perfect."

So there you go.

Cheers,

NW

Post #5750726th Jan 2010 6:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >