Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

No more Dunes for this Disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dune Disco

United Kingdom 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Lugano TealLR3

Well, after a long journey I have my Abu Dhabi-bought and used LR3 HSE now successfully imprted into the UK, registered and insured and converted to run on LPG.

The work to get it through the VOSA and MOT was completed by Sigma Autos in Dereham who also collected it from the storage location and delivered it to the LPG conversion guy. Sigma did a good job but left an ubtidy edge around the inside of the windscreen where they removed the tint to meet UK regs.

The work to get it converted to LPG was done by 4-Tech - Thanks to Gordon for doing as great job and providing a good handover. the car runs as smoothly on gas as on petrol, I now tow an 1800kg caravan and had no problems whatsoever.

The gas conversion put a doughnut tank in the place the spare wheel goes so I sourced a thin spare (thanks Methly) which sits in a bag in the boot.

All-in-all a very happy chap to have my car over here and looking forward to going to Italy early next week where eventually I shall register the car.

Only thing not yet sorted is a SAT Nav disc. Mine still wants me to turn left at the Burj Al Arab. Looking for a 09/10 disc if anyone has one, failing that I'll wait for the new 10/11 disc and rely on the Garmin lady to get me to Italy.

Post #78712917th Apr 2011 9:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Italy isn't far from North Africa. Whistle
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #78716218th Apr 2011 2:05 am
julianf7

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Can I ask how much this cost, all in all? When in Dubai last month I learned that the new insurance regulations will mean that a fair supply of 3-5 year old Discos will be hitting the market when they are no longer able to be insured due to their age. This is couched in terms of environmental and emission legislation, apparently, but could just be a way to maintain consumption levels. Made me wonder about importing them... cue the question? Any info appreciated... oh, and bon viaggio

Post #78757419th Apr 2011 12:14 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Ah you'll be getting little piles of sand where you park for ages. Thumbs Up

Post #78761519th Apr 2011 2:01 pm
Dune Disco

United Kingdom 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Lugano TealLR3

DSL, you're absolutely right! Little piles of sand everywhere - still leaks out of the wing mirrors when I wash it.

JulianF, the UAE has plenty of cheap cars including RRS and Cayenne's, generally each and everyone of them a real gas guzzler. The new regulations will not affect the price of cars which might be worth buying and importing for re-sell. The total cost would have to factor in the UAE de-registering costs, shipping costs and VOSA, MOT, registration and insurance. Don't forget you end up with a LHD 4.4V8 petrol vehicle; perhaps not an attractive sell-on. In my case I've done it to take with me to Italy, and I 'm leaving tomorrow Very Happy

The real success for me is the LPG conversion. I hate paying 80p a litre for LPG but somehow feel like I'm getting a bargain whenever I fill up.

Post #78775119th Apr 2011 9:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >