Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

No gear change when lights on!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I've known this before when the filiment in the stop 'n' tail bulb blows then fuse one of the filiments to the other and feeds both circuits. Also happens with headlight bulbs with two filiments.

To check: switch on sidelights and remove one stop 'n' tail bulb, if stoplights goes out the opposite side you've found the offending bulb. HTH.

Post #32715030th Jul 2008 5:41 pm
Fedup

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Transmission fault

Guys. Thank you for your replies. Good to know we are not alone... Spoke to the dealer this morning who could not give us an answer. No surprise there then. We called out Land Rover Assist who turned up pretty promptly and the technician was helpful in sorting the problem. It did turn out to be a faulty brake bulb. Amazing and unbelievable. Oh the joys of Land Rover ownership. You will all tell me now that this is normal...

So one bulb will Censored up the transmission, keep the break lights on constantly, flash us a warning about the transmission and stop the tailgate from opening.

By the way, if anyone is interested in an immaculate Disco II ES Premium, 2004 with 37,000 miles and history then it is at J.V. Like in Brecon.

Post #32721030th Jul 2008 8:59 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Quote:
You will all tell me now that this is normal

We did. Did you read the previous page full of replies Razz

If a bulb is put in incorrectly or blows in a way that shorts the circuit, the car reads that the brakes are on. Naturally it assumes you aren't likely to be doing much by the way of accelerating while braking and you certainly wouldn't change up while braking, so..... it stops you changing up. You can get the same result by left foot braking while trying to accelerate. Other autos will do something similar, some just go into limp home, other's throw a fault up. I know VAG group cars do something similar if the wrong bulb is fitted or one is fitted incorrectly Thumbs Up

Welcome to the madhouse Mr. Green
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #32724830th Jul 2008 10:19 pm
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

So in theory the car was one hundered percent correct in its response Shocked Rolling with laughter

Post #3276121st Aug 2008 9:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >