Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

No longer a D3 owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
MVS

No longer a D3 owner

After 14 months, three D3's, not one of which's air suspension systems worked reliably, LR have finally seen sense and given me a full refund of my capital, and I have returned the latest car.

The problems I have suffered are too many to list, but suffice to say, when they worked, the cars were nice, but they kept stranding me, and regardless of how good they can be a £35k car should not do this, and they have been the least reliable form of transport I have had the pleasure to own in nearly 20 years.

Getting back on track, I have a set of genuine front seat covers in v.good condition if anyone is interested in them PM me. Also front and middle row genuine rubber mats, but these would be pick up only.

Anyway many thanks Martin, this forum has been a great help to me over the past months, just a shame LR aren't as effective as you guys Crying or Very sad

Post #567797th May 2006 5:27 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 
Re: No longer a D3 owner

MVS wrote:
After.. three D3's, not one of which's air suspension systems worked reliably

MVS...what can we say ....but ..sorry to see you go !!! Come back and visit us for a coffee. Very Happy

You've been terribly unlucky to have 3 go wrong Crying or Very sad - I'll make sure I never fly on the same plane as you !! Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #567817th May 2006 5:37 pm
MVS

Never had a problem with flights, or my Def 90 300tdi, only D3's with the can-bus wiring on the underside of the car Big Cry

Post #567827th May 2006 5:41 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about your leaving Crying or Very sad It is indeed a shame that you have had three go wrong, and in your shoes I would have done the same.

Land Rover have to keep striving for better quality, or there will be more like you. On the other hand, there are plenty of very satisfied owners on here too.

Good luck with whatever you get in its place, and the saving grace is you still have a Land Rover.

Post #567837th May 2006 6:05 pm
MVS

Quote:
Good luck with whatever you get in its place, and the saving grace is you still have a Land Rover.

Actually the 90 was what I ...had, getting a Skoda Octavia estate and looking for a good 90 V8 50th Anniversary special edition aswell.

Post #567847th May 2006 6:13 pm
blueanchorinn
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Refunds

My story starts 1/8/94 with RR old shape eventually replaced to a 'new' shape in june 1995 by land rover as it had been recovered by the AA numerous times plus all the times it made it back to the dealer under its own steam 37 visits to dealer in all. Eventually wrote in the mud splattered side in N wales ' I never want to see this car again ' and I didnt ! Changed that for D2 01 as apart from clutch operating arm every 30000 was ok. Nov 01 changed in April 02 at land rover expense as the canbus was a nightmare on that one. That one not much better but quickly learnt to leave the house earlier so that I had time to get in and out several times until the immobiliser decided it wanted to play ! Eventually changed that in April 03 with big contribution from Land Rover for D2, 3 auto boxes later and several displays to rival the Northern lights that was changed in August at Land Rovers expense when they found the fault with the gearbox and were confident the new car would be ok. This was so good I kept it until I couldnt resist D3 any longer , I lasted 2 months before ordering 1. This had several niggles including incompatible software mainly the phone not getting on with Mrs in the satnav , no command shift alarm dipping mirrors seat memory poor finish on door trims engine almost cutting out on release of accelerator. Changed this in Mar 2006 mainly because of accident and apart from dipping mirrors this one is fine. Perserverence eventually paid off but all my friends think I must be mad !! to still be a customer
 Pot Noodle Challenge Winner 2011
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person 

Post #5726110th May 2006 10:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MVS

Patience and persistence were the two things that kept me with the D3's for 14 months.

If the Freelander 2 was available with the 2.7 tdv6 and no air suspension, I would probably be in one now.

Unfortunately I have more in my life than a constant need to be on the phone to LR, their dealer (who were as helpful as they could be, & I do not blame them at all) or LR Assist.

My friends thought I was bonkers getting the second one, when it died in less than 2 miles they just p*ssed themselves. But we are still talking after 3.!! so they must be good friends.

Post #5726210th May 2006 10:38 am
Pelyma

England 

Shocked Shocked Shocked OMG you need a medal!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #5726310th May 2006 10:40 am
phoenix

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have a 50 V8 and it is a fantastic vehicle. i love it. i was going to sell it now that i have a D3 but have decided to keep it as a spare. my only complaint is that the fuel tank is small and it needs regular fuel stops. it does about 18-20 when towing my big trailer which is usually loaded at 2 or 3.5 tons which is fine though the tank only takes about 40 litres between being in the red and full. on motorways etc i carry a spare jerry can on my trailer as peace of mind. it is a shame it will not carry people in the same comfort as the disco. at least the only can in it is a coke tin and the bus is the big red thing beside you at the lights. they are also probably the best lr ever for retaining value.

Post #5727010th May 2006 11:52 am
MVS

Tell me about it, I have been keeping an eye out for a while.

The cheapest ones seem to be about £13k and the better ones make about £16-17k.

My origional reason for swapping the Def 90 was for motorway comfort, auto box, and still being able to tow. If I could find that Def 90 I would have it back! Wink

If any one knows of a good 50th Anniv V8 available please let me know.

Post #5727210th May 2006 11:59 am
phoenix

you can get a good one for 13K the others are overpriced unless very low mileage. i paid less than that for mine last year at 80K miles.i bought it to replace my disco II that i was fed up with after a year and loads of faults though no breakages. it is a super vehicle and i have fitted mud seat rails that allow the seats to move back more. i am 6 foot tall and can drive it comfortably. i have just done a 600 mile round trip in it with reailer.i do not really want to sell it but if you want to come and look at one close up feel free. mine was featured in the lrm feb 2006 mag. there is a good owners website like this one and it has details of sales vehicles sometimes

www.Defender50th.co.uk

Post #5727610th May 2006 12:34 pm
phoenix

i meant with trailer, i must knead anover cofe

Post #5727810th May 2006 12:37 pm
MVS

Many thanks for the offer, and the forum details.

Will have a good look around more locally first. That is when I've got a car.

Post #5734210th May 2006 7:21 pm
kes

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: No longer a D3 owner

@mvs.

Getting back on track, I have a set of genuine front seat covers in v.good condition if anyone is interested in them PM me. Also front and middle row genuine rubber mats, but these would be pick up only.

hi
do you have these still m8y please,how much you want for them

regards
kes

Post #5735210th May 2006 8:28 pm
MVS

sorry now sold

Post #5735310th May 2006 8:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >