DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Noisy hand brake
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DISCO444

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Noisy hand brake

Hi All,
Apparently there are a batch of LR3's with a problem with the electronic hand brake - I'm one of the lucky ones. When you apply the brake, particularly on a slight slope, you get a loud screeching noise from the rear end (of the vehicle). Caused by a loose, misplaced or broken pin of some sort. This will be replaced by your dealer. Cheers
 2006 Discovery SE Zambezi Silver
ARB bull bar, Warn winch, Light Force lights, Safari Snorkel, Dual battery, Uniden UHF, Barrett 2050 HF radio, LR fuel tank, Kaymar rear wheel carrier, Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Open Sky roof top tent. 

Post #6550922nd Jun 2006 6:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hmm not sure about that. Mine was doing the same, it sounded like someone angle grinding a sheet of metal when the brake was applied, then it would give a "Park Brake Fault" message and the yellow and red lights would flash. I then had to switch off and on to release the brake.

The cure was a replacement park brake wiring loom (known as a overlay loom), and a new actuator.

As far as I know, the clip you mention is for curing binding brakes, and squeeking whilst moving.

Anyway, I hope you get it sorted out.

Post #6551522nd Jun 2006 7:05 am
DISCO444

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks Gareth.
It sounds like we are talking about the same noise. At this stage I can only go by the agent and the LR mechanical release he showed me. It is being fixed on Tuesday so I'll report back on what eventuates.
 2006 Discovery SE Zambezi Silver
ARB bull bar, Warn winch, Light Force lights, Safari Snorkel, Dual battery, Uniden UHF, Barrett 2050 HF radio, LR fuel tank, Kaymar rear wheel carrier, Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Open Sky roof top tent. 

Post #6578423rd Jun 2006 4:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >