Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Not happy - anyone else having this problem?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
NJF

Well, my dealer has cited a shortage of engines and gearboxes as the reason why my MY10 RRS was not built as planned, and why the delivery date, which had been given as 23 March 2010, could not be met. It might be that he simply has exceeded his allocation: sales of FFRR, RRS and D4 over here are very, very brisk.

My order was placed on the dealer by one of the main car leasing companies over here. Perhaps that's why the dealer has put me in a RRS TDV8 free of charge until my car arrives.

Post #6317694th Apr 2010 6:26 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

too many drug dealers NJF.. Wink
 one wife.......livid  
Post #6317754th Apr 2010 6:58 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Given that sales have well exceeded expectation, it is quite possible that they are running out of availability. Despite being at full production, the production has a fixed capacity give or take.

The big problem generally in manufacturing at the moment, is that during the down turn everybody started to reduce their financial exposure, so buffer stock was reduced to the minimum. We are having the same trouble with our own production to some extent. The other issue is companies going out of business and then delays finding replacements, which is another cause of a lot of lond lead times at Land Rover

Post #6317874th Apr 2010 7:45 pm
wobbly

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I suspect that they also have had customers pressing for a March delivery on a '10' plate, thus getting the later plate but avoiding the 1st April showroom tax hike - certainly it was a condition of our order, and the dealer (also in Somerset) had a couple of panicky days worrying it was going to be mid-April.

I suspect using a broker means theres no pressure to deliver, but on the plus side you should have got a better deal etc.

Orders taken today are for expected June delivery - 8/10 weeks.

Pete
 May the road rise with you.
May the wind always blow at your back.
And the sun always shine on your face.
May God always hold you in the palm of his hand. 

Post #6326776th Apr 2010 8:53 pm
victoriaEDT

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

well my broker and therefore dealer had a shed load of pressure from me, ive also considered cancelling my order.

I ordered 18th feb and delivery is 12th May. Ridiculous.

Post #6327876th Apr 2010 11:03 pm
NJF

I cancelled my RRS order yesterday. The dealer failed to deliver the car I ordered in mid-December, only telling me on the day before delivery day, and then couldn't deliver the promised loaner after 3 appointments to collect it. If I can pick up a car at about the same spec from another dealer or from stock, I will. Otherwise I'm off to another manufacturer. Great product. Awful customer service. Rolling Eyes

Post #6328267th Apr 2010 6:04 am
wobbly

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Victoria,

I checked with Dee at Taunton, orders taken today are predicted as late June delivery ie 8/9 weeks.

They have none unsold going in to production, so cannot alter one that was due to go into stock, so at the moment there is no option other than the queue. Matford did have unsold stock in production, but that was about a month ago.

The problem for everyone is the same, production is not meeting demand. Land Rover are only building to order, so as the orders have grown so has the wait.

The only shortcut I can see is to find a dealer with an unsold car going into production, but you're unlikely to get the best deal as they know they will sell - also, means you will need to sort out your own finance, as I'm guessing that your broker is dealing with their own contact at a specific dealer?

On the plus side, you are now 4 weeks away, if you did cancel the order you'd only be back to square one elsewhere, so at least the end is in sight, and the wait is keeping resale values very high - I have just been offered £1500 more for my car (with 300 miles on clock) than I paid for it, on behalf of a customer who doesnt want to wait!

Good luck, it'll be worth it in the end.

Pete
 May the road rise with you.
May the wind always blow at your back.
And the sun always shine on your face.
May God always hold you in the palm of his hand. 

Post #6329147th Apr 2010 10:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >