Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Off road D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
djangonut

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4
Off road D4

Swapping my manual D3 07 GS in March for an automatic 3 litre D4 GS, I persuaded the dealer, Sturgess, to part with a half day voucher for a Land Rover Experience session at Rockingham.

I must say that the LRE was superb, and demonstrated what I could have been doing in the D3 for the last three years. The vehicle we drove at Rockingham was an HSE with all the bells and whistles. It seemed a shame to get it mucky. It had the factory supplied road tyres. (In fact we drove it so sedately up and down the quarry, through the water, and up slippery mud tracks, that it didn't get the mud on the roof that my D3 has when I go shooting. It still looked good at the end of the morning.)

There was a photoshoot taking place for a Land Rover magazine when we were on the course, and it was impressive to see the Defender in front of us perched on rocks, with all four wheel sticking out at peculiar angles. When it was our turn to negotiate that particular manoeuvre, Luke, our guide, asked me to stop the vehicle when we were at a steep sideways slope. He opened his passenger door, and startled me by saying that any other vehicle but our Land Rover would have buckled. It would have been impossible say on a Toyota, for the door to shut again. Apparently, because of its chassis, the Disco has an inherent strength.

If you can get on a LRE course it's a real eye opener. It gave me great confidence on what the Disco can really do - even in very poor off-road conditions with normal road tyres. I cannot recommend it too highly. And I can't wait to get my hands on my new vehicle come March 5th.

John

Post #60282213th Feb 2010 12:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >