Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Off Road Experiences so far, and lessons learnt
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
razzle

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Off Road Experiences so far, and lessons learnt

I have done about 4 trips off road in the new disco.

Trip 1, managed to get bogged in some medium sized beach pebbles. (I selected gravel mode on the TR) When I started to loose momentum and bog down, I pressed the throttle down but it did not have any real pickup, and the 4wd drive stopped and I was stuck. Attempted to get 4wd drive out, but with Traction control working, all i did was dig it in even more.

Lessons learnt: Use Sand mode when driving on beach pebbles, apparently in this mode the engine in provided with 7Kw more power =>(147kw Diesel engine, that is)
: When you get bogged with raised suspension and traction control, you get completely bogged.

Trip 2, moderately challenging dirt track with ruts. The disco just ate the track up and it showed to me how good the disco is

Lessons learnt: Just select the correct TR setting and let the machine do the work.

Trip 3, Moderately challenging track along river bank with deep ruts, low overhanging branches and a lot of side tracks cut in the bush to get around large sink holes. The disco went well again, this trip hilighted how good the turning circle is and how far you can take the discovery when you can lower the suspension to get under low hanging shrubbery, only negative point was the air compressor over heated and I was unable to get to full off road height when I needed it.

Lessons learnt: Amazing turning circle, and when your compressor has over heated you may not be at offroad height, even though the indicator near the TR indicates that you are.

Trip 4, Gentle drive along gravel road. No real issues, came upon a parked car on the side off the road with a guy in the passenger seat, slowly drove past and lifted finger off steering wheel and aknowledged him, then at this precise time I noticed a girls head bobbing up and down in his lap. Let's just say, she looked up and went bright red, and he looked Censored off because she had stopped!!!!

Lessons learnt: Make sure you park your car well off the road when you get a blow job. Wink
 Trust me, what could go wrong?  
Post #13859414th Mar 2007 12:07 am
LeighW
D3 Decade 

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Lessons learnt the hard way are always more memorable, I think.

And, razzle, although I assume the parking incident you describe didn't happen today, a quick check indicates that today (14th March) is celebrated as Steak and Blow Job Day. So thanks for sharing that info TODAY!

(Sorry, forgot the link - now edited to include link. Ed.)
 LeighW

The old girl is on her third engine...
* first ran a bearing (design failure in original engine)
* second had a failure of the water outlet on top of the engine (pls check yours) 

Last edited by LeighW on 14th Mar 2007 7:37 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #13862814th Mar 2007 2:43 am
razzle

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I will have to mark this on the calendar.

The wife and I are still having a chuckle about it
 Trust me, what could go wrong?  
Post #13863214th Mar 2007 5:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >