Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Roading & Green Laning

Off-road training in the midlands (ish)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Off-road training in the midlands (ish)

Hey all, looks like I’ll have a couple of weeks family free in December so looking at travelling out to do some camping & driving. It’s also a good opportunity to travel somewhere to do a proper off road training course. Anyone got any suggestions of any good ones?
Prefer one that uses “own vehicle” as I want to get better with my D3 and its capabilities rather than learning on a vehicle I’d never drive.
While I know they’re not free, would prefer not to pay Landrover prices, and want a proper training session rather than an experience day.
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #225955031st Oct 2021 12:41 am
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

LRE solihull....may be different vehicle but principles will be same...doubt they still got a d3/4 there..

Post #225955331st Oct 2021 12:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TigerRecovery

Wales 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

LRO Adventure Club host various events at Rockingham Castle and Tixover with Protrax where you can take your own vehicle. I’ve looked at them in the last for some winching training.
 1972 Range Rover Classic 2 door V8
2013 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - SCRAPPED
2016 Land Rover Discovery 4 Landmark
2022 Volvo XC40 T5 PHEV 282HP FWD 3 cylinder! 

Post #225956931st Oct 2021 8:56 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

galwaygreen wrote:
LRE solihull....may be different vehicle but principles will be same...doubt they still got a d3/4 there..

I was at LRE Eastnor earlier this year and no D4 anymore, just the current range from Evoque/DS up to FFRR/D5 and of course Defender 110's

They did mention they were bringing in days out where you could take your own vehicle but they had no idea of cost at that time
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #22597221st Nov 2021 8:36 am
will.i.am

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Keswick GreenDiscovery 3

look up protrax and tap up Ed Cobley for training - i've done a lantra course with him and i wouldn't go anywhere else for training, great kit, good fun and you learn a lot. you can also go in your own vehicle which makes it fun too

Post #22597331st Nov 2021 9:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

RogB wrote:

I was at LRE Eastnor earlier this year and no D4 anymore, just the current range from Evoque/DS up to FFRR/D5 and of course Defender 110's

They did mention they were bringing in days out where you could take your own vehicle but they had no idea of cost at that time

Oh, I hope they bring the "self drive" days back. I did a couple of them a few years ago. Not sure why they stopped them. If they do them again, I shall go again, that's for sure.

There's a nice feeling driving your own LR around some of the tracks that were used to develop / test it. Thumbs Up
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22597391st Nov 2021 10:33 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

yeh that would be good as you know the tracks will be safe for your own motor but still push them to the limits.
Obviously they are only going to accept Land Rover products, no jap c**p Laughing

Apparently it was down to popular customer feedback, the same as the unaccompanied drive with instructions via radio.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #22597571st Nov 2021 12:38 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

It really was a fun trip around the last time I went there. I took my Dad on one of the trips and he was shocked at what my RRS could do and he was amazed at the wading capability "you can't drive through that, you'll kill the engine!". I was amused by one comment from one of the LRE guides when he saw the sidesteps. He reckoned they would be a problem but we only scraped them once I think and they survived ok. I think he was surprised at the end to see them looking ok. Laughing

I don't have side steps these days as they did hang up when I went somewhere else which was a bit harsher than the Eastnor tracks.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22597981st Nov 2021 4:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >