Oh dear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Oh dear

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/news/por...orst/1914/

Not good reading I'm afraid. I think this is an American survey. It will be interesting to see if the Top Gear survey has similar results.

Post #6310411th Jun 2006 11:39 pm
catweasel

I was going to buy a Prado due to the fact it was over $30,000 cheaper than the Disco but eventually swayed the better half to do the logical thing and get what we want not whats cheap. If I had purchased the Prado and been surveyed it wouldnt have got rave reviews. I also think that Landrover owners honesty towards their vehicle is probably some of their undoing as most people wont willingly bag their cars. Also to quote from the article
Quote:
First off, logic would dictate that someone spending $69,085 on a new Range Rover Sport Supercharged would expect $69,085 dollars worth of easy-to-use vehicle, whereas someone parting with $12,455 for a new Accent will be less likely to complain about a niggley detail; choosing instead to rack it up to owning an entry-level car. Secondly, theres $56,630 more dollars worth of car to find fault with in the Range Rover.

In Australia an insurance company did a survey which basically said everyone hates 4wd's and they are intimidating and should not be on city streets which is rubbish, you can always slant a survey to point in a particular direction(whether this one was or not ?)I take these surveys with a grain of salt and if youre happy with youre vehicle (which most people here seem to be) then who really cares what they think anyway

well thats my opinion anyway

Post #6311212th Jun 2006 3:05 am
Jamo

Australia 

I wasn't going to buy a Playdo, 'cause I think that they're a bucket of s....

This survey has nothing to do with off road ability and appears to be aimed at customer satisfaction of those who are more concerned if their chardonnay is at the right temperature!

Sure, I've had a few issues and every now and then the voice message starts screaming "Warning, warning, danger will robinson..", but at the end of the day, I trust my landy off road, far more than I ever would an x5 or a cayenne.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #6311312th Jun 2006 4:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >