Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Oilpressure lights -need bulletin-
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
macstech

Germany 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4
Oilpressure lights -need bulletin-

I have the problem that on my LR3, TD6SE the oilpressure light will go on after heavy rain falls.
I know there exists a bulletin dated 10-JUN-05 about this. One workshop is not willing to give it to my, the other workshop is to stupid to obtain it from LR-Hotline in UK. This bulletin is not on GTR.
Is there anyone able to email me this bulletin ?

And... is there anyone who has the same problem with the oilpressure light going on without reason? It has to do with water going down the A-beam.

Post #96273rd Aug 2005 6:05 pm
BN

England 

Welcome, haven't heard about this one, but will do my best to find out. Slimer is possibly the best to track down info like this.

Post #96313rd Aug 2005 6:13 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hi macstech, welcome to the best disco3 site on the web Very Happy

GTR has this service bulletin
GTR wrote:
Title: Discovery 3/LR3 - Water Ingress via A-Pillar Exterior Trim or A-Pillar Trim Adrift
Type: LA - Discovery 3 - All Years - Technical Bulletins - 501 - Body System
Name / Part No: LA501-007
Info Type: Service Bulletins
Version No: 1
Date Uploaded: 06 Jun 2005

I can't see any others that may be relevant and unfortunately I don't currently have access to view the bulletin. I suggest you phone LR CS direct or try another dealer for the details, let us know how you get on

At a guess if the oil pressure warning is coming on (and it's a false warning) the water ingress is causing a short in the wiring for the light.

Simon
 The End  
Post #96343rd Aug 2005 6:46 pm
macstech

Germany 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Quote:
to the best disco3 site on the web

..thats why i stepped inside. Yes it is the best LR3/Disco3 site around !!

Quote:
At a guess if the oil pressure warning is coming on (and it's a false warning) the water ingress is causing a short in the wiring for the light

yes it def has to do with water ingress. the (false) warning occurs under heavy weather conditions and after washing the car.

The bulletin i meant started like "some customers reported that the oil pressure light ..." and the solution included something like replacing a connector in the wheel housing. Bulletin date was JUN-10-05. I asked the service guy for a copy - he refused !

The workshop guy said he only got it directly from the UK hotline (although the bulletin i saw was in german)

Post #96393rd Aug 2005 7:01 pm
BN

England 

The German LR operate slightly different to the rest of the world. They may have a bulletin that we don't. Give us a bit of time and I am sure we can track it down. It is in all our interests.

Post #96403rd Aug 2005 7:06 pm
BN

England 

This may be of assistance, but I don't know just how accurate it really is and it does not relate to the D3:

Due to water ingress down the sills the Range Rover and Land Rover Discovery suffer a lot of problems with the Body Electrical Control Module (BeCM).
Before blaming the BeCM please check the engine compartment fusebox, as it takes all its feeds from here, suffers from corrosion, and thus it has been recommended to be changed every four to five years as a matter of course.
That said we do see a lot of BeCM failures causing headlight, wipers/washers, heated windows, door locks, electric windows, fuel filler cap, sun roof and indicator problems.
BeCM fault symptoms include mis-operation of headlights, door locks, electric windows, fuel filler flap, indicators, sun roof and especially rear wash/wipe. These faults may be intermittent. If you have changed your fusebox and you're still getting problems related to fuse fail codes, this can also be the BeCM.

It could be a similar problem with the oil light?

The other point to recall is that we think we have problems, when in fact this is already an established problem with many vehicles.

Post #96643rd Aug 2005 8:42 pm
woodman438

yeah it is down to water ingress, see this link:

http://www.wood-man.demon.co.uk/water.pdf

hope this helps

w
 D3 JB/B V6 HSE + DVD and NAVtv addon, Steps, Tints, PTI
DVD Modified for front screen display, retro gaming unit added and Road Angel installed. Kahn RSC2-22 wheels 

Post #97144th Aug 2005 6:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >