Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

one for the tech boffins rear suspention toe in/out setting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
steve the magpie

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
one for the tech boffins rear suspention toe in/out setting

checked the tracking on my hse d3 with the companys 4 wheel aglining system and had an idea to check the tracking on the rear wheels as my rear tyres had run to the cords on the inner edge and found it to be set at toe in 7 degs ? so adjusted it to run at parralel is this about right or wrong or as any body got a clue what it should be set at ! many thanks to any one thats in the know also checked the suspention for wear and all seams fine and dandy
 always up to somert usualy no good acording to swmbo  
Post #78810420th Apr 2011 9:54 pm
dwest

England 

Rears set to parallel should be fine, did you check the suspension joints for play?

Post #78812820th Apr 2011 11:18 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Click image to enlarge

Had the opposite effect, ie uneven wear on the outside edge, reported some weeks ago to normal main stealer who said it was a n/s/r anti roll bar which they duly changed but said it did not need tracking Shocked

Further wear then apparent despite over coming weeks, had it done twice again by two different centres once after both diff seals changed and then when rear diff was replaced... not one of these "experts" identified what was genuinely wrong until I took it to Berkshire LRC, Maidenhead.......full alignment on tollerance identied that the tie rod ends were goosed on both fronts as well as the o/s/r, makes yer wonder does'nt it - two previous attempts from alignment centres and one main dealer claiming to be part of the LR network still could not identify the course, then off to someone who'd I'd never used before and were more than happy to go that mile to a) identify the problem, cure it and b) make sure it was correctly prep'd before going on the alignment.

The moral is simple, these D3's have a habit of trying yer patience when it comes to tracking Whistle

Post #78812920th Apr 2011 11:18 pm
steve the magpie

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

thanks guys my mind is at rest now "can sleep tonight" with out any bad thoughts ...... about the car that is lol not a lot of fast fit centres know you can track up the rears of most cars they just put the gages on the fronts ! i always spin the gages round just to make sure all ok as rubber parts wear out all over the suspention components front and rear could have a bit to do with my choice of tyres to 275/45/20 big foot print on the road going to watch the tyres for wear now Thumbs Up all the joints are ok at mo but as for tyre wear will watcth the joints aswell. thanks for the info steve. Bow down
 always up to somert usualy no good acording to swmbo  
Post #78835921st Apr 2011 4:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >