Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Your opinion on Chinese strut
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
NTG

France 

people tend to believe what they want...

.[/quote]

I totally agree with that !
(It's even worse in the medical field.)

There is widespread distrust in all areas

The problem is: what is the right price for what you are buying?

By dint of having made us believe that europe would be the design office and asia the workshop of the world
The consumer is a little lost...
(see the Chinese electric cars mentioned above)

So of course you have to be rational (especially with regard to security) but the period does not really encourage it...

On the question of whether Chinese technology is stolen or bought... not so long ago I heard this "Europeans are like a herd of herbivores in Jurassic-Park"...
Guess we like it.
And we won't have to complain afterwards.

Finally, it is a function of forums to provide information on the quality of suppliers.
And I'm not going to buy the super cheap Chinese product that made me dream for a moment.

The discussion is not closed but thank you!

Post #233608010th May 2023 11:02 am
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I fitted these about a year ago, regular use and no issues of yet.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274305422376?fi...BMuuWpooNi
 Faultmate MSV2 EXTREME
FOXWELL N624 Elite
Hantek 1008c Oscilloscope 

Post #233645214th May 2023 1:06 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

darrind wrote:
kajtzu wrote:
Note that technically “Delphi” (acquired by BWI) are Chinese as the acronym means BeijingWest Industries.

Thumbs Up

BWI is BorgWarner International based in Michigan - wasn’t aware they are Chinese

https://www.delphiautoparts.com/en-us/abou...t-business

“Our Portfolio
Delphi Technologies is a brand of BorgWarner Inc.”

Ironically though the suspension and breaking division was sold to BWI who are Chinese - not sure if there is a connection there between BorgWarner Inc. And BWI or if it’s just a soundalike connection
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #233647114th May 2023 4:25 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Almost always M&A leaves confusion behind.

Beijing West acquired the chassis division of Delphi Corporation back in 2009. That division contained at least suspension manufacturing and braking systems.

BorgWarner Inc, can be shortened BWI I imagine but I’d personally refer to it as BWA since that is its ticker symbol.

In 2020 BWA acquired Delphi Technologies (established in 2017) which was a spinoff from Delphi Automotive. The other part of the business renamed itself to Aptiv and continues on today, we do not need to worry about them.

Delphi Automotive Systems had spun out of GM in 1995. It went bankrupt and was split up into parts as a result of having done some shady s..t accounting around 2006 or so. A new Delphi Corporation was founded around 2009 or so.

Anyway, long story short, etc. BWI Group has a logo with three squares for the initials and and a bar underneath. For example like in this picture https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/rnb50158...5228-p.asp or the text like in this L405 air strut picture (3rd or 4th to the right) https://www.pacificmotors.com/auto-parts-s...over-l405/

Post #233650914th May 2023 7:33 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Brian Considine wrote:
kajtzu wrote:
But would I buy blindly something from AliExpress? No, I would not Whistle Mr. Green

IMHO that's a bit of a sweeping statement......
I buy a fair amount of electronic bits from AliExpress - timers, voltage regulators, LED's & suchlike & will continue to do so.

However, would I buy safety related parts from them (or any other unknown source) - no, definitely not. Any such parts are sourced locally where you have easy redress if there are any issues.

In the context of car parts, I would not buy from AliExpress for my or anyone’s car. While you can think of it as splitting hairs, USB chargers, phone covers, display shields, cables, T10 LEDs, etc. aren’t really in my book car parts. I bought a ton of KN95 masks, too, a few years ago. T shirts, shorts, etc. work fine too. Sometimes you get surprised. Like ordering masks from the same place and they end up being different even if you thought ordering identical. Yes, I am a AliExpress platinum member Laughing

Post #233651214th May 2023 7:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >