DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

P251d-00:pto engine shutdown circuit /open
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Timothy1

Kenya 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
P251d-00:pto engine shutdown circuit /open

Hi everyone,its almost 6 months now trying to start my 2005 disco3 TDV6
Engine now starts after a few hard cranks with alot of missfiring and will keep running with a very rough iddle for not more than 5 minutes and it will shut off and if i try to rev up it will shut down completely and only 2 faults keep coming back

1. P251d-00:pto engine shutdown circuit /open
2. Brake light switch (put a new one already but the fault still comes up)

While we checked the old brake light switch with a meter reading and realized Nothing wrong with it.

My problem began when the intank fuel pump died and had to change it to a new one after a car sat for a month and a half without being started,fitted the pump the car ran fine for not less than 30 mins first time it got fired up but the mechanic not knowing how these vehicles work,he went on the bleeding valve at the front of the engine while engine still running perfect and instead of pressing the bleeding schrader he went ahead and disconnected that fuel line pipe completely and the car went off and never on again no matter how many cranks happened.(asked him why he disconnected the pipe he said he wanted to check the pressure and connect back quickly) never been angry that much with anyone in my life like that guy but he didnt know and he meant no harm and he been struggling since then for all these months to fix it together with me but being on this side of the world no much resources really.

Checked the injector nozzles all fine
Changed the Hpfp
Changed the fuel rail sensor
Put new battery

The fuel from the tank comes with a very good pressure to the hpfp front no problem
And the fuel rails get fuel as normal.
The injectors also spray normal and the spray pattern good.

I now have no idea what else to be done as we have tried pretty much everything and tbh am stuck!
And putting it on a recovery from Tanzania to Mikey in the UK is a bit of a trek

Please forum members Bow down
I'd appreciate any help!

Timothy
 Euro Parts Arusha
Tanzania 

Post #192790619th Mar 2018 1:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >