DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Paint fading???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SPORTYBUS

Northern Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Paint fading???

Hi...
I have a curious question.... yesterday as I was lovingly washing my D3 Yawn .. in what was a beautiful bright sunny warm day (WHAT.. COULDN'T HAVE BEEN IRELAND Shocked ) I was just finishing off when I noticed something VERY strange Exclamation Around the area just below the fuel filler cover and between the rear wheel arch and back bumper the paint looked as though it was WEARING THIN! Like you could see the undercoat of primer!!!
I did take a pic but it hasn't come out that clear, but will post when I get a chance!
My D3 is in Buckingham Blue, and I wondered if anyone else has seen this??
Oh... just to confuse matters, today as the vehicle was sitting in the shade, I checked it and it didn't look nearly as obvious, but still has a slight change in colour Exclamation
My vehicle is due 1st service next month (1 year old Milestone ), so I will discuss with Mr. LR then! Buckingham Blue
 Est-ce que bonjour, vous aime ma nouvelle découverte brillante gentille trois, je pense qu'elle regarde les boules de chiens, pas vous ?  
Post #1540132nd May 2007 9:12 pm
Ken

Quite common its back to the dealer I'm afraid. Don't worry thou its not worn down its more than probable it was just like that in the the first place if the clear coat is still on, if not someones been a little slap happy with the 3m Rolling Eyes

Post #1540523rd May 2007 4:14 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Buckingham Blue eh the paint is clearly confused as its not sure what colour its meant to be. a bluey black or a blacky blue. I think its a transparent case of taking it back to your dealer and sorting it. If he gives you any trouble tell him you can see-through his guise and will report them to LR.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #1540663rd May 2007 7:07 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >