Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Park Brake Fault C1A48-01
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jetfixeruk

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Park Brake Fault C1A48-01

I have the dreaded park brake fault on my 2012 Discovery 4. The park brake works as normal it engages and disengages with the switch and disengages with application of the accelerator. The fault light will go away after a few starts if the park brake is not used.

The fault manifested itself the day after a day trip sand driving in Fraser Island, back in January, I thought it may be salt water or sand contamination into one of the plugs or into the park brake module itself.

I had the scan tool put on during my service last week, the garage told me the DTC code was C1A48-01, unfortunately I could not afford to pay them to look into it as I am facing a stand down at work due Covid 19. I will have plenty of time to have a look at it myself and do not necessarily need to use the car.

So far I have checked continuity on the CAN bus wires between the park brake module and the plug C0376 on the rear left hand of the chassis rail, these were good. I realise I will have to go further to look for shorts and voltage drop in the circuit. The plugs were dry and seemed well protected with no contamination.

Does anybody have any previous experience with this fault tips about where to look and what its fix was? Any help appreciated, thanks.
There are no other faults.

Post #213876717th Apr 2020 6:57 am
dgardel

Italy 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

C1A48, Warning lamp circuit, signal lamp connection failure

Some extremely generous spraying of q20 on the rear wiring looms (nearside rear wheelarch) seems to have vanished the error within an hour. Clearly just some water gone into the looms during the washing of the car with the jet sprays this morning.

from https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showt...ight-error
 Discovery 5 tdv6 HSE Corris Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License

Post #213883517th Apr 2020 12:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jetfixeruk

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Fixed

I have repaired the fault I have posted a comprehensive write up on the Aulro forum.

In a nutshell. It was a broken and corroded wire between connector C0376 and the BCM. The LR workshop manual is misleading about this, it suggests wiring checks between the EPB and Instrument cluster. This would be the case on the D3 I don't think they updated the text in the manual or changed some of the terminology for the D4.

I have also posted some tips on how to dismantle the connectors, which according to the ERL are not serviceable.

Post #215507319th Jun 2020 12:59 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >