DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Parking brake: Different issue/question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
delormea

Canada 
Parking brake: Different issue/question

Hello all,

A while back I had issues with my electronic parking brake and ended up removing the hardware (not including the actuator) from the rear wheels as they kept binding. I do not use the system at all and it seemed more hassle than it's worth. I drove it for a year or more without problem. Recently I had multiple faults and a bad alternator was diagnosed and replaced (along with a new battery). During the process of fault diagnosis the EPB was pulled and the actuator whined and screamed. I ended up having to pull the emergency release cable.

For those of you that have pulled this release cable may know that when the cable is pulled, the truck logs the fact that the cable was pulled and you need to use the switch to actuate the EPB in order to "reset" it out of this emergency release mode. Until that happens you are left with a red flashing park brake dash light and an information center message saying "Park brake off, lift switch to apply."

Generally this is cleared by applying the brake and off you go. This fault has also been tied to actuator or cable problems. My question is, since I no longer have rear brake hardware, and my actuator is certainly faulty (Screeching), can I just cut the cable to the rear brake to reset the cable in it's normal position so the computer doesn't think it's in an emergency release mode? Or do I remove the actuator? If I remove the actuator will I get a new error message?

Regards,

Aaron

Post #191464914th Feb 2018 8:26 pm
delormea

Canada 

Of course! I had searched several times before and found no info. Now, today, I found this solution. http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic91299.h...jammed+epb

I will try this and carry on. If I could find a way to delete this new thread I would.

Post #191465414th Feb 2018 8:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >