Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Parking sensor blues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
saw

United Kingdom 
Parking sensor blues

Has anyone had an issue with parking sensors? I had a front winch fitted by the stealer from new, I was told by them that only the two end sensors would work , as the centre two had been taken out. When ever I put the D3 into reverse the alarm chime would sound all the time, until I hit the dash button to cancel, alas I then had no sensors front or rear.
About two weeks later I had fitted a rear spare wheel carrier (Rasta type) by an Independant dealer who was told by the local official stealer to disconnect the two centre sensors on the rear. Since then it has been back to my stealer for rectification ( although its the same as before) Now I an told by them that with a front winch fitted I cannot have front parking sensors and the same would apply with the rear wheel carrier?????? They fit them to late D2s and FL1s with parking sensors ,so why all this agro with mine Big Cry

Post #37418515th Nov 2008 7:21 pm
Iona Disko

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I have a winch and the front sensors are disabled in the bios or what ever it is called.

The rear ones work as normal.

The front ones that have been removed are simply taped up under the front bumper - for later refitting I guess.

Don't have a spare carrier on the back but if I did I would be surprised if it caused a problem - it would be high up out of the way I would have thought.

ID

Post #37419515th Nov 2008 8:03 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

My reverse sensors on my RRS have done he same thing over the last few days, it was all working ok last week and ive not have anything fitted or removed.

I thaught it may have a leaf stuck over a sensor but all seems fine, i suppose ill have to do some digging to find the problem.

Regards Pete

Post #37421815th Nov 2008 9:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I've fitted winches & RWC's and both front & rear PDC work.... Dealers should disable front PDC if fitting a winch as per LR instruction, rear PDC has a 'workaround' to allow the other three sensors to operate normally
PDC sensors suffer from moisture & road dirt / salt ingress during the winter months - not a LR specific problem, just the way it is.... as they are ultrasonic, allowing them to operate (even if the 'inactive' message is displayed) will allow them to self-clean until normal operation is restored

Post #37427415th Nov 2008 11:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Common theme developing here, my front sensors have gone u/s. They work for about 10 minutes after startup, then its just one long beep from the front sensors. I was going to give the car a wash tomorrow. Hopefully that will sort it.

Do the sensors come out easily, or does the bumper have to come off to replace them?

Post #37428616th Nov 2008 12:34 am
saw

United Kingdom 

Thanks 10 for cash, this has been an ongoing problem for the last 12 months so its back to the stealer I suppose ? Big Cry

Post #37431216th Nov 2008 3:16 am
bellautos

Mine has started working again today, Confused

The thing i can think of is that when i came to the car today the rear end was in the hot sun and it has dried them out.

weird i think lol

Regards Pete

Post #37451016th Nov 2008 8:12 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Pointing a hosepipe (not jetwash) at them for 10-20 minutes can help flush out the crap

Post #37452816th Nov 2008 8:40 pm
bellautos

Ill give it whirl ,, thanks m8.

Post #37455416th Nov 2008 9:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >