Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Parrot kit install and FBH fix
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
jays

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Parrot kit install and FBH fix

Hi guys Im after a Blootooth Parrott kit any recommendations models etc?
Im also after a webasto specilist mines not starting and Ive done the fuse in out process
but im at abit of a loss where to go from here. Ideally Id like someone to fit a car kit
and a FBH timer and fix the FBH at the same time. Does such a one stop shop exist
near Swadlincote or Is that abit optimistic on my side.
Your advise would be appreciated.

Post #7252253rd Dec 2010 1:42 pm
Andy_RS2113

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

TFC's your boy! Just south of Derby in Sinfin Thumbs Up
 Peter, are you drunk? No, I'm just exhaused cos I've been up all night drinking...  
Post #7252603rd Dec 2010 2:22 pm
jays

had a look at the Parrot MKi9200 but has problems reported with a HTC desire (my phone) mmm not sure
Are there any kits that work with the disco better than others

Post #7252973rd Dec 2010 3:10 pm
paralight

United Kingdom 

My Personal favourite is the Parrot CK3100. This is no nonsense, basic but very good quality hands free kit. No ipod connectivity, but all the better for that.

The Disco 3 is quite well set up for fitting of Bluetooth. You need to remove the radio and locate the smaller of the two plugs on the back of the radio. Pin 10 is mute, pin 3 and 5 speaker input. Bear in mind though that it is a low level input. If using the Parrot CK3100 then use the green and brown wires (very thin, coiled up with speaker loom). It is not the most difficult job to do, however if you are unsure, call a professional installer.

When wired in this way, display will show 'phone mode' when a call is in progress and volume levels can be altered via the radio or steering wheel controls.

All the best

Paralight

Post #7257354th Dec 2010 12:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

i have a MKi9200 with an IPhone 4 and it's brilliant.

Post #7257434th Dec 2010 12:29 am
jays

Cheers Guys really helpful
PARROT CK3200LS looks a good price at Car electronics leicester £129.84
Not sure how expensive the fitting would be.
Or if i should bite the bullet and do it myself.

as for ther FBH I might get it looked at when it goes in for a service.

Post #7269886th Dec 2010 5:45 pm
kernowexpeditionaryforce

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

the 3200 is discontinued m8 - not sure of continued software update support

Post #7270576th Dec 2010 8:24 pm
Hifonics

I have an iPhone 4 and have been looking for a kit. Was dead set on a parrot 9200.but have read so many horror stories that I am thinking of a THB Bury kit instead which also does iPod connect. The bury kit is also a bit cheaper.

Post #7271496th Dec 2010 10:25 pm
paralight

United Kingdom 

The 3200LS was a nice looking device, unfortunately it never really took off. I think this was partly to do with the reliability of it. The Ck3100 was just such a superior device that it took over completely.

The MKi range is the follow on from the MK (Music Kit) range consisting of Mki9000/9100 and 9200 (no display/OLED display and Colour display).

I fitted a MKi 9200 to a car today and fresh out of the box it didn't work. It eventually fired up after wiggling some of the connector plugs, not an ideal solution. However the device itself does have some very good features. There have been some issues on Iphone4 frying the Parrot control box when plugged into the Ipod lead though. Bluetooth streaming is fine.

Now comes the fun bit, installation. There are (I think) 3 levels of audio system in the Disco 3 range. Basic (amplifier built into the radio), Harmon Kardon (Amp under the drivers seat) and HK Logic 7 (Amp under the drivers seat again). In the basic system, the installation is quite straighforward, get your kit, purchase a SOT 082 adaptor lead, remove the radio and plug and play. In the HK systems, the amplifier is under the drivers seat, with connection to the radio via fibre optic cables. If you are using a Music kit type system, then the Bluetooth kit will need to be plugged into the amplifier, thereby feeding the audio straight to the speakers. The thing to bear in mind is the HK system uses upto 10 speakers, sub etc at anything upto 260W. The Music kits use their own built in amplifier usually 15-20W running only 4 speakers. Sound quality is therefore not as good as the stock system.

The car I did earlier was fitted with a separate Ipod kit which is probably what I would recommend for the higher spec Disco's, only to keep higher sound quality.

I hope this doesn't confuse too much!!!

Paralight

Post #7272467th Dec 2010 12:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Spencer

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Paralight, thanks for your explanation. I too have been looking at the 9200 however from reading other threads on here my understanding was that there is a line-in option in to the head unit and this controlled the volume output through to the amp. I am no expert and new to this forum and Discovery's.
One thing I would like to know is if it's possible to advance the tracks from the steering wheel controls?
Thanks

Post #7275717th Dec 2010 6:25 pm
paralight

United Kingdom 

Doh, Absolutely correct. There is a AUX in socket on the back of the centre console, wired to the back of the radio. I have not utilised this for a Parrot install as yet, but for a Parrot requiring a stereo input rather than the previously mentioned Phone Mode mono input, it may well work. The Mki uses two line outs, perhaps one could be used to go to the Mono I/P for general phone use (this would switch automatically when a ground is applied to Pin 10, mute), and then the other line out could go to AUX in (Stereo for Music), this would then need to be switched on by pressing AUX on the radio front to allow playback of Ipod (or USB). Display and control would be done from the Parrot controls, there would be no interface to the Stock system, steering wheel controls etc, you would, however, be able to alter the volume from the steering wheel.

Just need a willing victim to try it out Very Happy

Paralight

Post #7277507th Dec 2010 10:05 pm
Spencer

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I'm looking to get mine in the next week or so but you're a bit too far away for me Thumbs Up I was looking at getting it done at Halfords, there a couple of good reports on here about them. Free fitting as well on this one at Halfords. Is the SOT 082 cable the one required for this HK set up?
Cheers

Post #7277917th Dec 2010 10:37 pm
paralight

United Kingdom 

Err, no. SOT-082 will only work on base model audio. For the Mki 9200 to work in the way as described in the last post, it's not a plug and play set up. By all means ask at Halfords, but if they are not completely confident with dealing with fibre optics and low level audio systems, I would ask them to leave well alone. I have just had to re-install, from scratch, a poor installation completed on an Aston Martin V8 that was worked on by a shop with little or no experience of the car.

I do travel up to Leeds on occasion, to work at JCT600. But I have nothing there at the moment I'm afraid.

However there is a good engineer called Craig (07973 273 721) in your neck of the woods, that may be able to help.

Best Regards,

Paralight

Post #7278017th Dec 2010 10:52 pm
jays

Has there been any issues with HTC desire or HTC wildfire with any of the Parrott range anyone aware.

Post #73194915th Dec 2010 2:57 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Jays - I have a Parrot 3200LS....I don't have a Desire or Wildfire, but though I'd chip in anyway Mr. Green

My previous HTC Diamond (Windows Mobile) was a bit flaky with the Parrot bluetooth and used to do strange things (i.e. not picking up or hanging up when it was supposed to).

I now have a HTC Legend (on Android 2.2) and it works a treat with the Parrot Thumbs Up

Cheers,
Paul
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #73196415th Dec 2010 3:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >