Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Part Lazy Entry and other Weird stuff
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SJ

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Part Lazy Entry and other Weird stuff

As far as I'm aware lazy entry isn't available on the D4 and it certainly wasn't working on my 2010 HSE. That was until it went for it's second service. When I got into it after I got it back I thought that one of the mechanics had reset the seat because it was really low and too far back. However as soon as pressed the start button, up it came and back to my normal position. Then when I stopped the engine sure enough the seat went back down. Shocked The steering wheel never moved even though I tried extending it right out just to see if would pull back in when switching off the ignition. I had a look through the options menu and couldn't find any settings so that I could disable it. (I'm not a fan of lazy entry and I never used it on my D3) I needn't have bothered trying to disable it because after two weeks it just stopped on its own. Good old LR Thumbs Up
The other weird thing that's happened since I got it back is that every now and then when I press the ignition there is a loud pop/bang accompanied by a loud hiss from the nearside door speaker. It does this even when the audio system is switched off! As I said earlier it doesn't do it all the time only occaisonally. Any ideas about either of the above?

Post #93573127th May 2012 11:13 am
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

There is a switch on the bottom left hand side of the steering wheel cowl marked auto and off, in the off position the seat back and steering wheel will not move when starting/exiting the car. In the auto mode they will providing the settings for both have been stored (seat memory) also ifthe steering wheel is already at the highest position it will not move even in the auto mode.

The loud pop you get from the speaker should not be happening - I'd get your dealer to have a look - mine does not do this.

Post #93574127th May 2012 12:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SJ

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks Woody. I'll have a look when I get home... in four weeks time Big Cry
I didn't think that the D4 had a lazy entry option. Embarassed Well at least I'm not the only one who didn't know. Laughing

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic76044.h...C%5C%5C%22

I'll get the popping sound from the speakers checked out by the stealer when I get back as well.

It always seems that both my D3 & D4 were going OK when I took them in for a service or recall and when I got them back they had problems they never had when they went in. Evil or Very Mad Anyone else notice this?

Post #93582327th May 2012 7:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >