Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

PDC querks!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
simon.foster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
PDC querks!

I have a manual S model and sometimes when I go into reverse the PDC activates and other times it doesn't. Usually means I am reliant on a system that may not activate and therefore can see some bodywork bills ahead.

Any ideas?
 Disco 3 TDV6HSE Cairns blue auto
Defender 90 300TDi 1997 

Post #260120th Apr 2005 7:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Simon, I have that quirk. I also find occasionally that when I stop and take the car out of reverse gear the bleeper carries on. In the end I cancelled the blessed thing. It is another dodgy bit of electronics I think.

Post #260220th Apr 2005 8:23 pm
grommet

United States 

Do you do a manual electric park brake release before putting the vehicle in reverse? I always do, and I don't see this quirk.

Last edited by grommet on 20th Apr 2005 10:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #260520th Apr 2005 9:55 pm
marc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Simon,

Mine does exactly the same thing.

If the parking brake is active and then I put it in reverse, sometimes the PDC activates when I release the park brake and sometimes it doesn’t.

It is very temperamental and I was going to go to the dealer but I don’t want them to upload the new software so that I loose my settings menu.

I think I will live with it and just keep putting it into neutral and then reverse until it activates (can take up to 4 or 5 goes).

Cheers

Marc

P.S. BN, mine stays active in neutral until I put it into another gear or activate the parking brake. I thought this was normal??
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Discovery 3 S spec 2.7 V6 Diesel. Smile

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #260920th Apr 2005 10:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

Grommet - I found that a similar "workaround" sorts the Front PDC. When starting off in D, the front pdc does not activate UNTIL you come to a stop again (not much use at the start of a manoeuvre out of a parking space) - however if instead of using the auto-brake release, you manually release the park-brake then the front pdc comes straight on. Demo'd this to the regional tech manager from LR, who was adament that it would not work as I have described & went away amazed that he had learnt another thing about the vehicle! The conclusion we came to was that the front pdc was set up for a manual vehicle (which does not have an auto release brake) & that someone had forgotten that different programming was required for the autos Wink

Post #261020th Apr 2005 10:34 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I agree with ecosse, it is setup for a manual gearbox.

If you manually release the Park Brake and are in D, N, or R, PDC comes on after about 1/2 a second.

If the vehicle moves iforward or backwards within this 1/2 second period, PDC will not activate until the next time the vehicle comes to a complete halt. This accounts for the sometimes it works, other times it does not scenario, because sometimes you drive off immediately, other times not. This movement only has to be very slight, and the 1/2 second delay occurs when it finally comes to a halt. So It can seem like a good few seconds for the PDC to engage, when in fact the car a rolled a little after park brake release.

If you use the drive away release feature, PDC is useless until 1/2 a second after you come to a halt again.

Spend a few minutes in the drive playing around with this and you will see what I mean.

Not very good, but I am used to it, and wait for the beep now.

Post #261220th Apr 2005 10:55 pm
BN

England 

I am overwhelmed guys. The PDC is another query now. I am compiling a list of defects, it is longer than a politicians promisses. But I have received a call from LR saying that THE D3 DOES HAVE A DEFECT Very Happy, well two actually. My suspension should not rise when I have a trailer connected when in Rock Crawl mode, see page 212 of the manual and the intensisty lights when towing. THESE ARE DEFECTS Shocked , confirmed by LR, check yours out now if you can. Sorry lost the string abit with shock Embarassed

Post #261821st Apr 2005 11:02 am
Ecosse

BN - the Regional Technical Manager from LR also admitted yo me & the local Dealer the SatNav defect (altitude shows 150 feet at sea level!!) & that the same defect was on his RRS! Very Happy Perhaps they will now swallow their pride and fix the problems Very Happy

Post #261921st Apr 2005 11:44 am
Pelyma

England 

Pig just seen flying past my window
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #262121st Apr 2005 12:14 pm
BN

England 

Hey, we can live in hope Rolling Eyes let you know IF it is repaired.

Post #262421st Apr 2005 12:30 pm
Ecosse

I'm inclined to agree with Pelyma - past impressions are that "action" can be a long time coming. No doubt you have agreed a timescale with LR to complete the fix? Wink

Post #262521st Apr 2005 12:35 pm
BN

England 

As the insurance dog on the TV says - Oh yes

Post #262921st Apr 2005 12:59 pm
Pelyma

England 

Oh yes we'll remove that for you, specification may vary sir Shocked
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #263221st Apr 2005 1:12 pm
BN

England 

I have just spoken to the dealer about my rectification work. Taking the vehicle in for a look on Monday. Watch those pigs, they may crash. 'Oh yes'. Wink

Post #264221st Apr 2005 3:04 pm
Ecosse

BN - have just checked on those 2 issues - (HSE early build with factory fit tow-bar) - the fog lights stay on despite the trailer connection so lets hope you get a fix because they are very annoying if used Evil or Very Mad ; on the rock crawl, with a trailer attached, it first gives standard message of "engage low ratio to activate rock crawl" (or something like that in the instrument panel screen, then another message comes up "Trailer Connected - off road height not selected automatically!. Manually selected off road height & certainly seemed to raise height! Very Happy

Post #278624th Apr 2005 7:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >