Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

performance air filter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
iain rice

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
performance air filter

anyone know if a performance air filter is available and also swapping the viscous fan to electric on a tdv6

thanks for any info

iain

Post #3223211th Dec 2005 12:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Iain

We can supply you an ITG air filter for £35 + vat + carriage Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #3223311th Dec 2005 12:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
iain rice

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
filter

thanks chris

didnt know you did them
e-mail me your details so i can send you a cheque and my address
also any info about the fan would be good

thanks iain

Post #3223411th Dec 2005 12:43 pm
THUB

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Viscous v electric fans.

I have a Disco 3 but I have also had 200 TDi (manual), 300 TDi(auto) and a TD5 (auto). The two auto Discos were fitted with air con and I took advice from Kenlowe regarding fitting one (or two) of their fans. They advised against it. However with the 300 TDi I removed the viscous fan and bridged the thermo switch, just beneath the thermostat housing. I fitted a manual switch and an indicator light in the cabin For about 2 years this worked fine even when towing my caravan, with or without the air con running. I left the original fan in the rear on a just in case basis!! It was never needed. Smile
With the TD5 the foreman (a personal friend and a wizard with LRs) at the Local LR garage told me not to tinker with the various sensors as the elctronics might not like it. If the TD5 did not like the modification I suspect that the 3 will not tolerate it. I wrote to Kenlowe again prior to delivery of the Disco 3 and again their advice was to leave things alone.
I think the crunch factor is that I tow a caravan weighing 1,700 kgs on fairly long hauls across Europe. Only once have I had the auto box oil temperature rise, but never the coolant. On previous saloon cars I used to remove the fan entirely in the Winter and replace in late Spring.
Whilst writing can I ask does anyone have experience of using the LR phone cradle with a mobile plugged in? I am not very keen on having Bluetooth facilities. My local moble phone shops tell me all sorts of weird things Exclamation

Post #3226311th Dec 2005 6:08 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I assume you're referring to the BT 'virus' hype? unless you're in the habit of receiving emails or surfing the interweb on the move, nothing to worry about. It's also a fallacy that a 'virus' can be sent to the car Rolling Eyes utter Censored Shocked there is no 'smart' link between the vehicle subsystems and the BT implementation all it does is send voice to the vehicles audio systems and allow DTMF info to be sent back to the phone

Post #3226411th Dec 2005 6:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >