DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Phonebook transfer / Display via BT ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
zebadee

Ireland 
Phonebook transfer / Display via BT ???

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but honestly I was too lazy to do anything other than a quick search on the subject. Embarassed

With the factory fit PTI, is it possible to access the phonebook via BT on some models of phone & have it display on the Stereo’s LCD screen ?

Or is phonebook transfer the sole preserve of the very few cradle supported phones ?

As a test, I connected my 6230 via BT rather than in the cradle, but don’t get the phonebook transfer, but I’m thinking that maybe some of the newer phones or other makes might transfer the phonebook via BT.

When you get an incoming call it’s very handy to read off the caller Id from the phonebook entry coming up on the display, rather than trying to decipher a long number string as you’re driving !!

Post #769639th Aug 2006 10:14 am
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

It is only available via the cradle not via BT. Shame...

Post #769719th Aug 2006 10:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrLex

Iceland 

The set-up is picky in the extreme, but you should stand a better chance with Nokia, being the provider of the hardware in the car.

Having got factory-fitted PTI working ok with a Sony Ericsson T630 on Bluetooth, I thought it might be better to have a cradle for charging, signal and display. £45 later, and it's 2 out of three: no 'phone book access or display on the LR head unit.

Having checked the LR documentation, got a 2nd hand £20 T610 off ebay which is shown as compatible, albeit with a note about time to download the 'phone book. No joy. Firmware is different to that shown in the LR compatibility guide.

Out of interest, I check on the SE website - the firmware they tested pre-dates the release of the D3. The firmware that I have is that installed from September 04 onwards (yes, 2 years ago) until it was discontinued (about a year ago). Only consolation I have is that it didn't take too much money to find this out.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #770059th Aug 2006 1:15 pm
JustinL

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

With the upgrade (fitted as standard on newer models) the 6230i works well via the cradle giving full phone book and call log details.
 D3 TDV6 S Buckingham Blue  
Post #770099th Aug 2006 1:39 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

That’s a shame now that the only way to get the phone book to display is via the cradle. Sad

In a way I’m sorry I spent the money on the PTI as I could have got a Nokia car kit for a fraction of the price, which will transfer the phone book up to a screen. Perhaps also the Parrott kit does so too, but I’m not sure as I’ve never seen one.

Still I guess the upside is that I don’t have holes drilled anywhere, or I’m not interfering with the “Over Sensitive” wiring, by tapping in to power the car kit. Smile

Post #771739th Aug 2006 10:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >