Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

Pirelli Scorpio ATR'S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
christophe

Luxembourg 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
Pirelli Scorpio ATR'S

I found a new all terrain tire which could fit the D3 with 19'rims: pirelli scorpio atr in size 255-55/19. It seems they are quite new in this size. My tire dealer is not allowed to sell them yet eventhough they are already on stock. Anybody had the chance, maybe in another country, to try them already? Could anybody give a feedback on their off road, on road habilities? How many kms can I expect to do with a set?
From what I see on the pirelli web site it should be quite a good off road tire, and for once with the correct load and speed ratings for the D3. Any comments welcome! I am going to Morrocco soon for a month trip, and if I can get a set of them, I thing I will give it a try.

Post #30441830th May 2008 5:09 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Looks quite road biased to me Confused

www.pirelli.co.uk wrote:
Scorpion ATR is the technological solution for extremely versatile and powerful vehicles: thanks to its reinforced structure and unique tread design, Scorpion ATR makes light work of driving on rough terrain.
Excellent traction on all surface, reduced aquaplaning, top braking efficiency and impressive damage resistance whilst providing easy comfortable driving on normal roads.
Tread pattern : symmetrical tread design confers all-terrain versatility with an appealing look and low noise levels.

Available in 255/60 18 too with a 112 load rating

Perhaps Andy from AJS can give us a price?
 The End  
Post #30442230th May 2008 6:10 am
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

The latest news on the Scorpion ATR 255/55x19 is that it's due into my wholesaler next week but as yet no price
they don't think it's not going to be cheeeeep, as soon as I know I will post prices. 18" available at a later date.

Andy www.ajstyres.co.uk

Post #30450530th May 2008 10:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Good to see more tyres in 19". That tread looks good for sand but not for mud, but should be much better than the stock tyres.

Post #30454830th May 2008 12:55 pm
hernan1304

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR3

This looks very nice! Unfortunately I think it will be quite a long time before I wear out the Wranglers as I don't do many miles here...

I wonder if the sidewalls would be too stiff for sand? The wranglers bulge quite a bit and work well. Anyone know if the tread pattern on these ATRs would make up for the decreased sidewall flex? Would they be better than the wranglers in the sand? Unfortunately most comparisons you find are among tyres in the same category, so it's difficult to gauge from reviews alone whether this would be better than the stock good years, especially in a "niche" category like sand driving...

Post #3057373rd Jun 2008 6:16 am
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

Now being told about 10 days for the ATR to arrive at the wholesalers, great but they are telling me the price will be about £160.00 plus the VAT, they will need to be fantastic for that sort of money, I don't think they will fly away. Shocked

Andy. www.ajstyres.co.uk Shocked

Post #3066084th Jun 2008 8:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >