Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

:censored: An About to Cancel Order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
D4Dude

England 
:censored: An About to Cancel Order

OK, so I ordered a 2.7 manual D4 Commercial over 4 weeks ago for delivery 18th September. I was told they had stopped the 2.7 and I would be getting a 3ltr auto, not what I asked for but a no cost upgrade so went for it.

I added the power upgrade, saw it with my own eyes on the MY11 spec sheet. Spoke to LR yesterday through a courtesy call after my salesman left and I confirmed what spec I was getting. Guess what, no power upgrade and my car has gone into its build slot so can't change, and they only do one engine.

I told them there were 2 options 211 and 245ps but they were having none of it. After several phone calls they confirmed it was an option coming out next week and had not previously been available, hence they could not put it through. BUll!!

They have said that they will be able to add the option from next week, but that it's going to put my date back to mid November!!

Not what I wanted to hear, I could do with the van now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Post #67519922nd Jul 2010 6:23 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

buy it as it is and get a BAS remap which you can remove before taking it for service/ warranty!
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #67522222nd Jul 2010 7:28 pm
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

James

It's not as easy as that at the moment. The D4 needs to be "cracked" which is currently work in progress, but it will be only a matter of time before Pete can do it.

D4Dude

Drop Pete a pm and he will tell you your options.
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #67522522nd Jul 2010 7:35 pm
doubledoom

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

On your order sheet, does it show that your car is a 2011 model year (in the model year and build phase section)?

I'm just going by your dates and your order should have been a 2011 MY and the options were available at the dealers back then (my order even has the SDV6 designation showing on it and I ordered mine before yours).

If you havent got the order sheet then ask your dealer to print it out for you. At least you will have some evidence of it then (assuming its the same as what you saw)

The build run may not start until next week but they were taking orders prior to that on the new spec.

Post #67522822nd Jul 2010 7:38 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Ent wrote:
James

It's not as easy as that at the moment. The D4 needs to be "cracked" which is currently work in progress, but it will be only a matter of time before Pete can do it.

Embarassed
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #67527522nd Jul 2010 9:08 pm
D4Dude

England 

My order states 2.7 TDV6 MY10, but it was then changed to MY11. The order was placed on the 15th of May. They then told me over the phone a couple of weeks later that it was going to be a 3.0 TDV6 auto 245bhp.

A couple of weeks later I went in to add some options and I was told it would be the 210bhp. I was going to cancel then but upgraded to the 245bhp to take into account the auto box.

How come I seem to know more about there model range than they do? There still insisting that the 245bhp will only be an option from next week when I clearly saw the option months ago.

The bottom line is I have lost all faith in the dealer, when your paying £40000 for a van then it has to be what you want and the customer service should be second to none. I must have called them over ten times to ask questions and request call backs, not once have they ever called me back and I'm fed up of chasing them. What's it going to be like if I get it and have problems!!

I was told a delivery date of the end of July or start of August when ordering. This then got put back to 18th September, I was OK with this as I was going to hire an van to use for work and get the new reg. Frankly I can't wait until November for the van and I'm going to cancel. I'll have a look for a D3 if I can find a decent dealer, otherwise I'll pick up a Transporter.

Post #67547323rd Jul 2010 11:47 am
Steve in Germany

Wales 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

It might be worth having a chat with James LPR......

Post #67548423rd Jul 2010 12:03 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

They are mostly the same, including LPR who thought that Premium leather in a D4 would be perforated like a RRS...... Shocked

I think we possibly expect too much from the stealers, their margins are relatively small and they have to go through a lot of hassle to make sales. After all what else do we buy that we haggle so hard for, and insist on free mats and so forth.. Often the problems aren't of the dealers making in the first place, they are victims of poor build, patchy communication, and insufficient pre-release testing on the part of the manufacturer, yet they are the ones dealing with irate customers threatening to drive their car through the showroom window Whistle

Expect less and be less disappointed!!
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #67560523rd Jul 2010 6:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

mwestcrew wrote:
They are mostly the same, including LPR who thought that Premium leather in a D4 would be perforated like a RRS...... Shocked

My hands are held high with this one. Suffice to say, the individual that dealt with you left our employ soon after.

Please feel free to speak to Jeremy, Matthew or myself for accurate information. Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Post #67578924th Jul 2010 7:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You originally ordered a 190bhp manual and now have the option of 211 auto for no extra money Rolling Eyes i wouldn`t moan about it and snap their hand off Thumbs Up
 I can resist everything except TEMPTATION
Can Am Commander 1000XT
Seen the light and bought a 4Motion T5 

Post #67827730th Jul 2010 8:58 pm
jojim65

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Quote:
My hands are held high with this one. Suffice to say, the individual that dealt with you left our employ soon after.

That's a bit severe James......he only got the perforated leather wrong and you let him go!

And threre's me looking for a new career!

Post #67830230th Jul 2010 9:42 pm
slots

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Order call for commercial has only just opened so it will be November whatever happens. Is there a strong smell of cows when your dealer speaks?

Post #67832230th Jul 2010 10:27 pm
gilmore

England 

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
mwestcrew wrote:

Please feel free to speak to Jeremy, Matthew or myself for accurate information. Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Wow! That's a refreshingly open and honest post. If only all dealers were so honest. Kudos to LPR.
cheers
rob
 All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and are not necessarily those of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Land Rover Defender V8, 50th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes ML350CDI
HM Moto CRE300X
Honda CRF250X
1974 Honda CB750K4
1975 Honda CB750K5
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes) 

Post #67839331st Jul 2010 10:42 am
D4Dude

England 

Well I cancelled the order, still waiting for my deposit back but they can't even sort that out in a decent time, or get back to me when I call. If it wasn't such a drive I would be on there door step, 3 weeks to refund it is disgusting.

Post #6806007th Aug 2010 12:09 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Slightly off topic but relevent to posts made.

We should be able to OBD remap the lower bhp model to the upgraded 245bhp no problem now, its a case of us getting a lower powered version in to prove the calculated theory and put it to prcatice.

But as said by ENT, we are still finalising some of the other security stuff of for the 245bhp remap when time is spare.

Pete

Post #6812829th Aug 2010 10:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >