Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

Plumped for All Terrain Plus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reginald Molehusband

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Sorry for the delay in making a report on PAT+ performance, I haven’t been in the car much. I’ll report back as soon as I get a chance to test them.
 2016 D4 Landmark SDV6 (Euro6), Zanzibar (late run D4)
2009 D4 HSE TDV6, Bali blue (first run D4)
2007 RRS TDV8 HSE, some blue

http://www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #202383231st Jan 2019 12:26 am
vanpeebles

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

-8 this morning, no problems on the ATR+

Post #202385831st Jan 2019 9:16 am
vanpeebles

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Fine in the snow too! Thumbs Up

Post #20242161st Feb 2019 8:49 am
Reginald Molehusband

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Yesterday I went for a green road run somewhere the far side of Lock Lomond, it was the same run I did at this time last year on the GG AT3s so I figured it would be a good comparison for the new PAT+. All in the interests of informing this forum of course. Whistle

Getting there on the motorway I'd say the PAT+ is noisier than the AT3 with a definite road to rubber whiring at 70 mph. But it's not intrusive and with the roofrack noise anyway I wouldn't notice it unless I was listening for it.

In a couple of inches of slush on the road the car felt rock solid, no tram-lining or hint of sliding, and cornering was surefooted too though I was circumspect with speed given the potential for ice ... there are limits to what I'll do to get you a tyre test. Wink

In deep road side puddles enough to inundate the windscreen, it tugged left on the steering a lot less than the AT3 used to do.

Unfortunately off road the top steep section which the AT3s had struggled slightly with last year was closed as the surface was apparently even more slippery this time so I didn't get a perfect comparison. So the test was somewhat limited but I deliberately put it into some awkward positions in an attempt to challenge the tyres.

The conditions were forestry track about 4 inches of damp snow, either fresh or compacted down into ice, slush or something between, and was pretty slippery in places, ie hard to even stand up. The tracks were in parts steep or adverse camber. In all cases the PAT+ felt secure, great lateral stability on slippery side cambers with no hint of side sliding.

On a climb in fresh snow it was really sure footed and restarted from stopped on the slope with no wheelspin at all (GGS, DSC off) which was pretty impressive.

So far so good for the PAT+! Thumbs Up

And I sold my half-worn GG AT3s to a mate to the jobs a good 'un! Smile
 2016 D4 Landmark SDV6 (Euro6), Zanzibar (late run D4)
2009 D4 HSE TDV6, Bali blue (first run D4)
2007 RRS TDV8 HSE, some blue

http://www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #20253544th Feb 2019 11:22 am
BournevilleBazza

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

Hi, I know its been asked on this thread but no definitive answer....

Could I put the PAT+ on 20" rims? 275/50/20 I think the size is?
 If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!
2010 Discovery TDV6 HSE with a few bits and bobs on.
1986 V8 90 County
2012 Evoque TD4 (for the Mrs) and really VERY pleased!
Formerly BuckinghamBazza 

Post #20257865th Feb 2019 5:19 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Standard LR size is 255-50-20 and Pirelli don’t make the AT+ or ATR in that size or even an alternative size that would fit. As yet anyway.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #20258285th Feb 2019 7:10 pm
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Reginald Molehusband wrote:
Yesterday I went for a green road run somewhere the far side of Lock Lomond, it was the same run I did at this time last year on the GG AT3s so I figured it would be a good comparison for the new PAT+. All in the interests of informing this forum of course. Whistle

Getting there on the motorway I'd say the PAT+ is noisier than the AT3 with a definite road to rubber whiring at 70 mph. But it's not intrusive and with the roofrack noise anyway I wouldn't notice it unless I was listening for it.

In a couple of inches of slush on the road the car felt rock solid, no tram-lining or hint of sliding, and cornering was surefooted too though I was circumspect with speed given the potential for ice ... there are limits to what I'll do to get you a tyre test. Wink

In deep road side puddles enough to inundate the windscreen, it tugged left on the steering a lot less than the AT3 used to do.

Unfortunately off road the top steep section which the AT3s had struggled slightly with last year was closed as the surface was apparently even more slippery this time so I didn't get a perfect comparison. So the test was somewhat limited but I deliberately put it into some awkward positions in an attempt to challenge the tyres.

The conditions were forestry track about 4 inches of damp snow, either fresh or compacted down into ice, slush or something between, and was pretty slippery in places, ie hard to even stand up. The tracks were in parts steep or adverse camber. In all cases the PAT+ felt secure, great lateral stability on slippery side cambers with no hint of side sliding.

On a climb in fresh snow it was really sure footed and restarted from stopped on the slope with no wheelspin at all (GGS, DSC off) which was pretty impressive.

So far so good for the PAT+! Thumbs Up

And I sold my half-worn GG AT3s to a mate to the jobs a good 'un! Smile

Thanks for the initial review. I still haven’t decided which to go for.

GG AT3 seems the obvious choice, and priced at about £150 fitted, lots of good reviews, but a few negative as well.

PAT+ seems a good options as well, about £175 fitted, limited reviews, but reviews are generally good! Limited supply though from normal suppliers. No second hand or used if a tyre gets damaged and want to match up with other.

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #20259065th Feb 2019 9:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >