Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

POOR SERVICE FROM DEALER NETWORK/LANDROVER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
STRATPAIN

POOR SERVICE FROM DEALER NETWORK/LANDROVER

I KNOW THIS IS NOT A NEW SUBJECT BUT I THINK A RELEVANT ONE GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF TIME AND MONEY ANYONE INVESTS IN THE PURCHASE AND USE OF THEIR CAR.

THE LOCAL DEALERSHIP AROUND WHERE I LIVE (SWANSEA) HAS SHOWN TO ME WHAT NOT TO LOOK FOR IN A DEALERSHIP - BY PROVING THEY ARE BOTH INCOMPETENT AND UNREPENTANT. THESE ARE QUALITIES I DO NOT LOOK FOR FROM A BUSINESS PARTNER WHERE I HAVE SPENT IN EXCESS OF £70,000 OF MY MONEY.

LANDROVER HAVE PROVED THAT THEY DO NOT VALUE THEIR SUPPOSED 'VALUED CUSTOMERS'. THEY HAVE MANAGED TO DO THIS BY CHOOSING TO IGNORE THE CONTINUED REQUESTS FROM A REPEAT CUSTOMER TO HELP PUT RIGHT A PROBLEM WITH THEIR PRODUCT AND TO ENSURE THAT WHEN THAT PROBLEM HAS ARISEN TO FOLLOW THROUGH THE PROCESS SO THAT THE CUSTOMER INCONVENIENCE IS KEPT TO A MINIMUM.

THIS THEY DID NOT DO AS OVER A PERIOD OF 9 MONTHS I PERSONALLY HAD TO TAKE THEIR PRODCUT WHICH I HAD BOUGHT BACK TO THE SUPPLYING DEALERSHIP IN SWANSEA OVER 26 TIMES. THEN TO FIND THAT THE BULK OF THE REOCCURING PROBLEMS WITH THIS PREMIUM PRODUCT HAD STILL NOT BEEN PUT RIGHT.

ON SPEAKING TO LANDROVER SENIOR MANAGERS THEY EXPRESSED MY OPTIONS VOCALLY TO MYSELF WHERE

1) I JUST CONTINUE TO PUT UP WITH THE PROBLEMS UNTIL THEY ARE PUT RIGHT - YEAH 26 TIMES IN 9 MONTHS NOT A GOOD SIGN

OR

2) SELL THE CAR AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE.

THIS FROM A CARING CUSTOMER ORIENTATED SENIOR MANAGER.

THE DEALERSHIP (A NATIONAL CHAIN) PROVED TO BE AS HELPFUL AS LANDROVER.

AS I HIGHLIGHTED IN THE TITLE POOR SERVICE - BEWARE LANDROVER'S PRODUCT IS ONLY JUST BEATEN BY ITS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. THIS EXPLAINS TO ME HOW I EXPERIENCED SUCH POOR LEVELS OF CARE AND ATTENTION FROM THE SUPPLYING DEALERSHIP.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO BUY THIS PRODUCT THINK NOT ONCE, TWICE OR INDEED THREE TIMES REMEMBERING ALL THAT SHINES IS NOT GOLD. CHOOSE A PRODUCT WHERE YOU CAN HAVE A GREATER ASSURANCE OF QUALITY AND CUSTOMER CARE AS IT WILL SAVE YOU NOT ONLY TIME(YOU CANNOT REPLACE THAT) BUT THE HARDSHIP OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT OR DO NOT WANT TO DO THE JOB PROPERLY.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Post #7812513th Aug 2006 8:55 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Thanks for the warning, but would you mind turning off the capitals as it is hurting my ears.

Post #7813613th Aug 2006 9:02 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

So I take it you have sold the D3?
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #7814213th Aug 2006 9:06 pm
Pelyma

England 

Did you buy it on finance? If so hand it back to the finance company and let them sort it. If not speak to trading standards who are very helpful in a matter like this. It doesn't matter who the dealership (and that if you purchased the car without finance is the only company that matters) are if they cannot put the car right they have a legal obligation.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #7814313th Aug 2006 9:07 pm
HarrisonB

England 

Capitals are used for shouting on forums!

Welcome to the forum.

What did you buy and want's wrong with it?

Thanks for the warning. Mine is now 9 months old and still got the grin 8)

Yes its my third new Disco and I know about the disapointment, the first was rubbish and replaced. The replacement was so good I kept it for 10 years. This one? zero issues and never been near the dealer. Mind you the power socket in the boot doesn't work.

Are you seeking help from the forum?
 D3 gone for now  
Post #7814713th Aug 2006 9:10 pm
oliver77

Wales 

I've found that and Land Rover problems are only made worse by Stratstone. Try another dealer. I know it's a trek but I found J.V.Like at Brecon to beat Stratstone hands down from a service point. Hope this helps.

Post #7815713th Aug 2006 9:29 pm
SuperMan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I could go onto every car forum and find a similar thread.

IT'S NOT JUST LAND ROVER

did you get that. Rolling Eyes
 F&M  
Post #7816313th Aug 2006 9:59 pm
Pelyma

England 

Rolling with laughter Bow down
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #7816413th Aug 2006 10:07 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

By the way... this is not haveyoursay.pratts 2nd website Twisted Evil

Please no CAP LOCK junkies... we've had enough now thanks.

Martin... can you shoot a mail at his site and ask him to remove the link please ???

If you have issues with a dealer choose another. Take away their income and they may start to listen.

The product if fine. There are no 'bulk of problmes' with it. If there were then most of us would not be here... we would be at some other forum.

Some dealers are not as good as the majority of others. This is common in any industry.

Personally I tend to frequent local business's... customer service in my experience is far better when you deal with staff that have been with a company for years. Or the person your dealing with actually owns the company.

-s

Post #7816513th Aug 2006 10:10 pm
qualified LR mechanic

United Kingdom 
to stratpain and anyone else who wants to know.

firstly STRATPAIN(notice the capitals) you must be very patient OR probably very foolish!?!? i wouldn't take sh*t like that with a new telly never mind £0000000 worth of new car!! 26 26 26 was 24 too many!!!

right now to the problem....... many people seem to think their car comes into the workshop and is worked on until they get a call saying its finished. well its not. they wait a while b4 calling you so you think thats the case.
now most dealerships work on a bonus scheme in the workshop. basically that means that the longer a mechanic( oh sorry that should be TECHNITION) works on your car the LESS he gets paid. with servicing thats not really a problem as the times are covered. but with tricky problems and more technical faults this can be a very big problem!! so no1 wants to do these jobs. with intermittent faults etc a full morning can go and your still no nearer fixing the fault.. this is where the (underpaid maybe under qualified) mechanic goes and says to his boss "iv done this this and this so tell him to take it and try it". can you blame him when he's getting paid little and getting the hassle of some d*ck in a tie asking if its fixed every 10mins. all my colleagues and i take pride in our job and given the time to do it can fix any car!! you ALL need to ask why the mechanic gets paid to RUSH the job!! bonus schemes only work in the favor of one party!! its not you guys and its not me!!.

i don't know where this man took his car and don't really care that he is upset. hell id be embarrassed to say all that had happened to me!!!!!

Post #13063916th Feb 2007 9:55 pm
kaney

Some people have had their say many times and not always D3 related, ie read old posts
I am sure some of us like to read this stuff as much as some of the other cr4p that crops up now and again

Post #13065116th Feb 2007 10:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >