Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Mobile technician wanted**
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jcap1989

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 3
Mobile technician wanted**

evening guys I’m looking for a mobile tenchnician near Chesterfield area, so basiclly I purchased a disco from auction ( schoolboy error) after getting it home and pottering about I noticed a judder shuddering at around 30mph, looks like torque converter according to a few lads on here! Had it straight to my local friend at his garage. He plugged it me in and said EGR valve needed swapping! Did that to start with then he swapped me a unit on the bottom of gearbox he claimed this would cure the juddering and stop Car going into limp mode. It hasn’t done anything I then tried dr tranny to no avail! Then plugged it me in again as it was always going in limp mode said it was reading loss of communication so swapped battery to no avail. So basiclly I’ve spent £800 and Car still juders And still goes in limp mode every 70 odd mile! It clears once you turn engine off and on again! So I think I need someone who’s has the Land Rover computers etc. The codes need reading properly. I can’t keep changing parts to see no difference. Any help me appreciated it’s on 08 plate discovery 3 with 121k on clock

Post #18757674th Nov 2017 10:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sean 471

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

It sounds like your gearbox/tc is in the way out but you need your codes reading as you might have some simpler faults

Post #18757784th Nov 2017 10:50 pm
Jcap1989

Yea I thought it was the torque converter and did ask him to change it me. But he assured me it wasn’t that but it was the gearbox valve (whatever that is) so he swapped me that answer it’s no diffferent! All the code machine picks up is lost communication hence why he told me to swap battery. Im Hoping gearbox is she is linked to limp mode issue ! I could do with a Land Rover speckialist to start fault finding for me

Post #18757834th Nov 2017 11:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kev_blizard

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Try Andrew Bateman who owns Aj services at Dronfield he’s Land Rover Censored and should be able to help

Post #18758345th Nov 2017 5:20 am
Jcap1989

Appreciate that! Yes dronfield is local to me! I’ll drop the guys up Their a message today! Kind regards

Post #18761536th Nov 2017 7:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >