Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > North America & LR3/4

Power Folding Passenger Mirror- Conversion Possible???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Peter C

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Rimini RedLR3
Power Folding Passenger Mirror- Conversion Possible???

I have a very small garage and need to see if there is a way to end up
with a power folding mirror for the passenger side of the LR3.
Unless there is I will not be able to buy the vehicle. Any ideas?

Since I test drove the LR3 I am aware they fold manually. I will be folding the driver side mirror with my hand as I enter the garage. A number of smaller vehicles have power folding mirrors. I test drove the Volkswage 8) n Touareg V8 and the new ML V8 and they both have them (and are good SUVs). I had owned a Discovery years ago and liked it so now I want the LR3 but may have to settle for those other two unless I can get the passenger mirror converted.

If you look at a RR right next to a LR, the outer black shell looks about the same; it is just the part that attaches to the body and the next black shell that looks different. Thus the outer black shell may be substituted in? Or perhaps there is another way of doing it, i.e. replacing the whole structure with an aftermarket product? Another forum suggested getting the whole unit from the UK since they have power folding mirrors there for Discovery 3s. I will do that but does anyone know whether it is a doable type instalation?

Post #10916512th Dec 2006 12:03 am
dbregman

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

I believe that folding mirror are available here in NA with the HSE package. I seem to recall something in the manual about it.

Post #10916812th Dec 2006 12:45 am
Peter C

Follow up on mirror situaiton.

We test drove the HSE and the salesman said no power FOLDING mirrors on the passenger side. Yes, the mirror surface changes but I am talking about the whole structure folding in, as you can do manually. Can you look in your manual and see if that gives us a glue as to what may be available, thanks, fellow Californian. Shocked

Post #10916912th Dec 2006 12:49 am
dbregman

I checked my manual '05 SE and it mentions pushing the mirror button in will activate the power folding mirrors(page 38 ).

Two cavets!

One: The manual has an astrick next to the feature - that means an option - or in the case of the "superlock" not available in NA

Two: The online version of the 07' manual (http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/) does not contain the refernce.

So I suggest you try it.

Hope this helps.

David

Post #10947912th Dec 2006 11:18 pm
Peter C

no power folding mirror on 2006 HSE model

dbregman wrote:
I checked my manual '05 SE and it mentions pushing the mirror button in will activate the power folding mirrors(page 38 ).

We went back to the dealer in the USA and pressed every button and piece of plastic we could find and on the 2006 LR3 HSE with all the options available there was nothing that would make the passenger mirror fold in (except our hands).
Anyone else have any ideas on what we could do. Any other years, eg 2004 or 2005, has anyone seen this on a car? I emailed a dealer in the UK a few days ago but have not received an answer yet.

Post #11057717th Dec 2006 3:36 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

In the UK, we have power fold mirrors on both sides. To fold the mirrors in, we push the mirror adjustment joystick down. To unfold push down again.

Post #11058417th Dec 2006 4:35 pm
Peter C

Gareth wrote:
In the UK, we have power fold mirrors on both sides. To fold the mirrors in, we push the mirror adjustment joystick down. To unfold push down again.

Wow, thanks a lot for this information that the LR3 does have power fold mirrors on both sides in the UK. As I said above, I have emailed a LR dealer in the UK on this but if they do not answer soon I will try a few more. Hopefully, it is an easy conversion....take mine off and put the UK one on!!!

Smile Smile Smile

Probably will go to the UK part of this forum and ask the UK people what a good email would be to follow up with if I don't hear back soon.
Thanks again UK person!!! 8) 8) 8)

Post #11068218th Dec 2006 12:54 am
nukleus23

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Maya GoldLR3
Power fold mirros

Greetings Everyone!

I would like to add power fold mirrors ,with entry lights, to my vhicle as well. If you get the part numbers and ordering infomation from the UK, please let me know.

I would also like to know if the power switch (mirror switch) would have to be changed as well?

This would be a cool feature.

Thanks in advance.

Post #11078918th Dec 2006 5:08 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Guys, I will go and take some photo's of the switch. If you can wait until it get daylight, I will take a short video of the folding process so you can show the US Dealers what they do.

I am not sure about the electronic element, or whether the wiring is there, but I am sure as a collective we should know this.

Post #11087818th Dec 2006 8:44 pm
Peter C

Dear Gareth,
I went ahead and purchased the 2006 LR3 (Discovery 3) HSE model, with all the options, in Remini Red. Thus your offer to take photos will be very helpful. I also sent a second email to the UK dealer ('partsmanager@landrover-yeovil.co.uk' )saying I had no response from them on my first email but I now own the vehicle and so will definitely want to purchase the passenger mirror and to please email me back with particulars, including a delivered price quote so I can send them the money/credit card number. Hopefully, they will answer soon since I have to get out of the car to push on the passenger mirror whenever I put the vehicle into my small garage. Shocked

Post #11089818th Dec 2006 9:55 pm
dbregman

Congrads on the purchase Peter C!

Post #11091418th Dec 2006 10:39 pm
nukleus23

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Maya GoldLR3

Congrats on your Purchase Peter! You'll love it. Smile

Gareth, please post the video if possible, I'd like to see how far the mirrors fold in and decide if I want to purchase the mirrors for my vehicle.

Someone in a different thread posted the part numbers for 3 mirror variations offered by LR, I think...maybe they'll come along in a few. Smile

Thanks.

Post #11273723rd Dec 2006 6:50 am
Peter C

nukleus23 wrote:
Smile
Someone in a different thread posted the part numbers for 3 mirror variations offered by LR, I think...maybe they'll come along in a few. Smile

I still have not received an answer from that UK Land Rover dealer on getting the power passenger mirror. I goming to try and find the thread that talks about " 3 mirror variations offered by LR, I think". Is it on this Disco3CO.UK board or someother one that I would need another URL for if you have it, thanks.

Post #11278023rd Dec 2006 3:02 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Found the following threads, but there's no part numbers. Yeovil might not be replying as its Xmas Hols over here.... IIRC, the different part numbers are just for the glass (concave/convex) and not for the housings, so folding housings are the same worldwide. You'd just need to fit your existing glass into them. Oh, and feel free to post in the Technical/General forums - you don't have to stay hidden in the USA bit - more people will read your threads in the other sections Wink

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic5732.ht...ing+mirror

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic2672.ht...ing+mirror

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic4676.html?highlight=mirror
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #11278523rd Dec 2006 5:17 pm
Peter C

DiscoStu wrote:
Found the following threads, but there's no part numbers. Yeovil might not be replying as its Xmas Hols over here.... IIRC, the different part numbers are just for the glass (concave/convex) and not for the housings, so folding housings are the same worldwide. You'd just need to fit your existing glass into them. Oh, and feel free to post in the Technical/General forums - you don't have to stay hidden in the USA bit - more people will read your threads in the other sections Wink

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic5732.ht...ing+mirror

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic2672.ht...ing+mirror

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic4676.html?highlight=mirror

Thanks, that topic 5732 with a posting on August 16 by username Dermy from the UK in Bedford said : I had my local dealer retro fit powerfold mirrors after the vehicle was delivered. They weren't sure whether it was possbile to begin with, but they found a way" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 8) 8) 8) Laughing Laughing

This is very good news and now I just have to get the mirror from someone somewhere in the world, and then find a dealer here, or a repair shop, that will figure out how to put it on. ( I just need the passenger side). Still waiting for the UK dealer to answer and hopefully no answer because of the holidays.

Post #11289123rd Dec 2006 11:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >