DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Powerfold mirrors on S spec
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
Powerfold mirrors on S spec

Folks

I've done a search, and didn't see anything so I'll ask the question.

The S spec doesn't have the powerfold mirrors as standard, and I found it handy in tight carparks to have them on my TD5. Is the mirror itself the same unit as the powerfold one, but with the control relay/switch not fitted (plus relevant ECU needing to be enabled)

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #3787517th Jan 2006 2:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

I think you'll find it an expensive retrofit due to part costs, but I was told all the mirror variants use the same wiring harness. I have not confirmed it. (We don't get power folding mirrors in North America on either Disco 3 or Range Rover Sport.) I don't think there is much "intelligence" in the power folding feature, since it's operated manually.

Post #3788517th Jan 2006 4:56 pm
SN

This is a key feature for me due to the narrowness of my drive down the side of the house. I don't mind if its just manual - I had that on my old 806 - whereas the C8 is quite nice, they fold open on ignition and close on remote door locking!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3790217th Jan 2006 7:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
espri

Austria 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

qzdcg8 wrote:
the C8 is quite nice, they fold open on ignition and close on remote door locking!

That - plus manual control, to move them while the engine is running -sounds like the perfect solution to me. Can it be programmed that way on the D3?

Eric

Post #3792717th Jan 2006 10:38 pm
grommet

United States 

espri wrote:
Can it be programmed that way on the D3?
No. It's manually operated via switch only.

I have a narrow space in a two car garage where the additional few inches would also help... but, alas, it wasn't meant to be for wide North America.

So, anyone want to post the part prices? Very Happy

Post #3796218th Jan 2006 12:38 am
SN

Can these things be retro fitted? I may have to forego a factory fitted set to get an S before 1st March - the dealer wasn't sure they could be.
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3855322nd Jan 2006 10:48 pm
Peter C

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Rimini RedLR3

If anyone knows for sure that the wiring harness in the USA market cars is the same as the UK or other countries' wiringharnesses, that would be very good information to know. Why? I have been trying to get someone to tell me how to purchase power folding mirrors that I could then install on my USA 2006 LR3 HSE, as I have a narrow garage to put the vehicle in. I could of course push in the driver's side manually but would like at least to have the passenger side power fold. I emailed a UK dealer a week ago but still no answer from them. Any ideas or information out there?
 2006 HSE, Rimini Red, Heavy-Duty package (locking rear differential and full size spare), Luxury Package (Cold Climate package, Cooler Box with Adaptive front-Lighting)  
Post #11420030th Dec 2006 7:59 pm
kschueleraugsburg

United States 2006 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Did anyone find out about this, because I too would be very interested if power folding mirrors could be retrofitted.

Thanks for your replies!

Best regards,
Kai

Post #1156984th Jan 2007 3:30 pm
Buckingham

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

When I bought mine I asked the dealer and they said it was not possible to retro fit.....

Post #1157524th Jan 2007 5:26 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

I'm sure it is possible - IIRC some one on this site had his dealer do it for him. I suppose it just depends on whether your dealer can be bothered and how much it costs.
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #1158704th Jan 2007 7:53 pm
TB

England 

The electrical harness in the door is different for powerfold and non powerfold derivatives.

Also if you could get hold of the correct harness and powerfold mirror units, the vehicle would then have to have the necesary software downloaded. So that it knows that powerfold mirrors are fitted.
 Arctic Frost RR Sport. TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Tow pack, PTI, Privacy Glass, Tasmods, Mudflaps & a RRSport umbrella in the boot.

Post #1158834th Jan 2007 8:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >