DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

practical jokes,,,
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

i'd love to have been a fly on that wall, Rolling with laughter

so, my favourite.. number 3..

i used to be one of the buyers at a certain mountain sports store, the MD of said company was (still is) a kiwi with a good sense of humor and i've always got on well with him, this joke started a war that is still raging to this day, I'll have to add chapters as it'd take too long to go through them all but here's how it started...

so every year there is a ski/ snowboard show at olympia that we used to attend (still do) in quite a big way..

So the boss had a new M5, you know the one with the flashy HUD etc etc.. I knew the route he drove to the show each day, I also knew he was fond of using the power available to his right foot if you know what i mean,,

SO, a few weeks before the show i spoke with my brother who worked with a "squad" of the met police... he was on a job but a friend of his was willing to help out.. i had to provide all the relevant information needed to fabricate an arest warrant.

So, day 1 of the ski show and all the buyers and directors are having the usual meeting upstairs when the floor manager interrupts' the meeting with a scruffy looking bloke in a denim jacket..

so, the nice policeman asks if +++ is his name, is """"" his registration etc etc. and then...

he goes on to inform my boss that he was caught on the helicopter camera that morning doing speeds in excess of !45mph on the M3 at 7am... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

my bosses face was a picture, he had tears in his eyes, you see, he had a ban a few years back for a similar offence.. Rolling with laughter

so, we're all watching this no one else has a clue apart from me trying not to laugh....

so the copper has the handcuffs out and is about to take him away when i thought i'd better end it, so i walk over, interupt, then apologise,,

the copper then asks my boss to sign the papers,,, my boss asks why,,
he then says " so i can officially hand custody of you over to ady +++++" Rolling with laughter

he fell to the floor, cried a little, laughed a little,, i ran away before he could hit me,,,

he has the warrant on the wall in his office,,,

and that's the moment he swore revenge....
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5471836th Nov 2009 10:29 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

On the town having a few beers

I found a tampon on the floor and opened it up and placed it in a friends shirt pocket with the string hanging out

he never noticed and later that night was doing getting on well with a nice young lady

she commented on his loose thread which he pulled out

and just sat there tampon in hand hanging in front of his/her faces

the look on both there faces was pricless Laughing

Post #5471886th Nov 2009 10:40 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5471896th Nov 2009 10:41 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

The best I have heard though was some friends knew a lad had blown a lot of his saving on a BMW cabrio much to his fiancée annoyment due to a upcomming wedding.

It developed a little bit of a problem and he took it to the local independant BMW dealer as he had bought it privately for a service and for them to look at it

my friends got my brother to call him, listing fault after fault amounting to a princely £2800 in parts only ontop of the service cost

he actually crumbled into his own hands holding back tears as he new he was in serious dodoo now

working for a bank at the time he rang credit card services and increased his credit card limit to cover the cost of the impending invoice.

My brother had left the name of the service manager for him to call back and discuss the invoice and to see if a deal could be done.

He phoned up, got put through and started to haggle the labour cost, what made it better he never actually said anything about the actual pretend faults and just refered to them as 'the faults' found.

Funny thing was the only falt the actually found was worn wiper blades and the roof needed a bit of grease on the hinge that was squeeking. Not the complete roof system my brother had told him Twisted Evil

Post #5471976th Nov 2009 11:02 pm
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

ad,
Can't compete with that one... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Can only hope he gets his revenge and comes to our Forum to spill the beans..That would be worth seeing. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

What is his mobile number? Whistle Whistle

Trev.

Post #5472016th Nov 2009 11:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

same lad as above ordered a bed from a known bed company

one of his colleagues answered a call for him, from the bed company saying they was on there way to his home to deliver the bed.

Somehow the message was taken a little bit wrong and it was passed to him that the bed company was in fact delivering a temporary water bed as the bed he had ordered was delayed for 1 week and they wanted to know if he had a tap and a hose pipe to fill the bed up.

He was straight on the phone, giving customer services a gob full over the messed up order and how he was now without a bed and wouldn't listen to the girls plea's that they don't deliver temporary beds and if they did they would not be water beds......

He was absolutely raging at her over the phone when a post-it note was placed on his computer monitor just saying "You've been had" Laughing

Same lad got a phone call from his brother whilst on his honeymoon telling him he had been broken into, he wouldn't believe his brother after the resent events, but his brother was telling the truth Confused

Post #5472176th Nov 2009 11:18 pm
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

np, Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter you just don't know who to trust do you...

Trev.

Post #5472196th Nov 2009 11:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

you don't trust my mates thats for sure....... Shocked

Nick Thumbs Up

Post #5472226th Nov 2009 11:25 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

npinks

this lad to which you refer...........it's you isn't it ? Whistle
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #5472266th Nov 2009 11:30 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

When on a stag do in Dublin, the stag had just drank 8 pints of guiness, and IIRC 18 Vodka and limes

Headed back to the hotel to get ready for the night time drink session

He fell whilst getting out of the shower and head butted the sink and getting a huge gash above his eye, taken to hospital as he could not remember what had happen they kept him in for observation, eventually putting him on a ward that had a spare bed which so happened to be a a cardiac ward.

Been in a concussed and still slight Censored state he tried to get some sleep, my brother who went with him got the idea to get the local vicar who was visiting someone to go and speak to him and start giving him his last rights type speech and how he will be looked after by god etc

bearing in mind he wasn't really sure what was going on at the time, when we all piled round to see him the next day he was saying how he hadn't slept very well and he thought the doctors wasn't telling him something and he was worse than they was letting on. Laughing

They eventually let him out the evening we all flew home Neutral

Post #5472356th Nov 2009 11:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

SJR wrote:
npinks

this lad to which you refer...........it's you isn't it ? Whistle

Laughing Laughing

I wouldn't be telling them if it was Very Happy

defiantly my friends and thats how they entertained themselves whilst working for a bank, and to think one of them looks after lottery winners bank accounts now Shocked

Post #5472396th Nov 2009 11:44 pm
Mark Y

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Set one of the boss's computers so that every time he put his name in it auto corrected to 'chip fat' he was an obnoxious fat t##t, he sent out loads of official documents as chip fat, also noticed he had bino's in his office window so dipped them in the stamp pad on his desk, oops panda eyes, he moved on not long after, result Thumbs Up

Post #5475217th Nov 2009 10:20 pm
blue_manc

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Short version - Girl I hated came into the office "Should your revs be on nil in neutral?"

Me "Yeah, or sometimes just creeping up to 1 - why what's yours doing?"

Her" On the first marker, not sure what number"

Me - "Go and check, if it is 1 then don't worry, perfectly normal. Even if it is "10" no problem............"

Her " I think it says "1" but it says "x 100" or something"

Me - That'll cost you diesel - get it checked on next service.....

Her - "What if it said "x 1000" i think it may have said a thousand"

Me - Don't be silly

Her What if?

Me - Go and check NOW. If it is "x 1000" you are doing A THOUSAND revs - get it to a garage before it goes bang - Go, GO!

She dashed back to the car park, apparently drove straight to VW told them, and the service bloke nearly choked laughing...... she skulked back into the office half an hour later and did not speak to anyone for the rest of the day.....

Post #5475387th Nov 2009 10:40 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Put our neihgbours house up for sale whilst they were away, complete with for sale board. They got loads of calls about it.
Sneaked out one night and put a large sign up just below thir bedroom window stating Ironing taken in chaep rates ring 01797--------
They could not understand why they kept getting calls that ws until they went out two days later.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #5475867th Nov 2009 11:19 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Done the auto-correct thing... used to work with (or more properly against!) a guy called Harry Pitchforth... set his autocorrect to change it to 'Hairy Pitchfork' Laughing Laughing Laughing the thick Censored never did sort it Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
also done the alcoholic food thing, many, many squaddies succumbed to that and woke up with two halves of their eyebrows missing or tw@t carved in the back of their head Laughing Laughing
Lots of stories, most not for public consumption unfortunately Sad although we did manage to convince the Afghani interrupters that worked for us that bacon flavour crisps were halal approved Whistle )

Post #5476077th Nov 2009 11:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >