Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

practical jokes,,,
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Popelka

Czech Republic 

a) years ago taped the receiver button down on an office phone, took them ages to understand why the phone was still ringing.

b) unfold a paper clip (or several) and inserted into colleagues cigarettes so as he smoked them the ash would not drop off even if he tried to flick it off.....

c) at our sisters wedding, all us brothers did the car up, except we did the fish near the heater set blowers to full while stuffing bags of confetti in the outlets and finally taped a stink bomb to the brake pedal so at full push it broke. [many years later while it was being rebuilt they actually found the fish Rolling with laughter]

d) at school during woodwork classes, went to the furthest side of classroom away from our bench and broke tear gas bombs; room was so big it took time for effect (but was so entertaining)

e) in one of the large datacentre we worked in, the phone system had a function where if you called a phone and it wasn't answered you entered a code and the next time that phone was used and put back down the system would ring you back as to say they are back in the office; then when you picked up your phone it then rang the original phone so you would catch the person you wanted.
well being a large data room (200m long) with phones next to every system console we programmed all 12 phones and when a new starter came in we would ring the first phone in the setup; sat back and watched as the mayhem ensued as phones started to ring and this one person running around like a headless chicken Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #5476568th Nov 2009 12:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bigD

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

in the summer my mate brought a freelander the one where the back comes of
first day of sun of came the back and he put it on the front garden then went out

so we jumped in the transit put his hard top in and drove of he phoned me about an hour later
to say some barstuard had pinched his hard top and he was on his way to the police station
then put the phone down before i could tell him so we went and put it back

he went to the police station told them wot happened so they followed him back
to speak to the neighbours and there it was still on the front garden made him look a right twot

he still aint found the funny side of it yet

Post #5478688th Nov 2009 6:38 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

oh this is the best thread in the world,,, I LOVE IT Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

there are some brilliant pranks on here, russel's stands out and npinks, your "friend" i gotta meet....

So my boss, to try and get revenge on me for his speeding ticket:

I was leaving the company to move to austria, my new boss was a supplier to the company i had been working for so he knew my old boss.

So, D (old boss) phones H (new boss) and explains the situation of the pranks and enlists him for a little help, so, on my last day at the company there is a little get together after lunch where you're given a present and the boss D says a few words, you know the score,,,

About 45 mins BEFORE this I get an email from H, saying that there had been a major re structure announced by the US office and that the job basicly did not exist anymore...... Shocked

he also stated he'd phone D and talk to him to see about keeping my job etc etc.. Shocked

Now, this would have been pure genius EXECPT, it actually happened for REAL 2 years earlier with exactly that same person H, but at that point i'd not resigned, but when it did he also phoned me at home and discussed it personaly,

SI when i saw it in an email I clicked on within about ohhhh 5 seconds and immediately plotted a revenge double cross.... Twisted Evil

so, i replied to H straight away saying as it'd happened before i wasn't surprised and that i'd actually sorted out an alternative with THE rival brand at the time, I did however think it was a little unprofessional to do it twice etc etc..
I hit send and print at the same time.... Whistle

So for the next hour my mobile was ringing with H trying to get hold of me, while i sat outside smoking a roly r two....with the print out of the email in my pocket....
so my leaving speech thingy came up and i notice D is looking a bit pleased with himself,,,, not for long... Whistle

so D says his bit, that i'll be missed and was off to the big B etc etc... I stand up and say thanks to everyone but that actually there's been a change of plan,,,,, at this point D ducks into his office P Censored ssing himself laughing....

I explain the email and that i expected somehting to go wrong as it was too good to be true, and that i replied to it, i was a little to p'd top read it so asked D if he'd kindly read it to everyone for me,,,

well, his face was PRICELESS... i let him stew for a good minute, then said " if you want to get me, you need to do it properly...."

I let my new boss H stew for 2 days before i called him to let him know that he'd made a HUGE mistake trying to play a prank on me,,,, and that's when the fun REALLY started......

sorry for going on.... Very Happy
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5478768th Nov 2009 6:59 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

Steve
Sorry mate - dont remember that one

At work years ago my number was one digit out from Barclaycard card services - increased many peoples limits for them so they could make that special purchase

Taped many a phone button down
/ swapped PC keys over

At school really fancied this girl - so asked her out - to my delight she said yes - could I call for her on saturday afternoon.

Went to the address she gave me and spent about an hour in the company of a total Censored nutter that lived about 4 doors away from girl

Post #5478948th Nov 2009 7:51 pm
ad15

Quote:
Went to the address she gave me and spent about an hour in the company of a total nutter that lived about 4 doors away from girl

that's harsh....... Shocked .... but funny..... Rolling with laughter
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5478978th Nov 2009 7:54 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

One place I worked, the manager was very insistent that the last cubicle in the gents was his and his alone. No-one else was to use it, and he'd get seriously out of his pram if anyone did.

After a particular severe b0ll0cking for something I hadn't a clue about let alone done, I emptied 'his' toilet paper dispenser, concertinered one sheet and selloptaped it to the dispenser window to make it look full. I then took out every sheet bar one that hung down underneath. Then I put cling film on the bowl, vaselined the seat and Censored off for the night Whistle

Apparently you could hear him bellowing the length of the entire warehouse Rolling with laughter
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #5478988th Nov 2009 7:54 pm
ad15

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5479008th Nov 2009 7:55 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

One office I worked in had new fangled digital phones that would allow 5 way conference calls. You could even dial in 4 other parties and then hang up, leaving the remainder of the conference active.

I discovered that all the key presses needed to conference in 4 people could be stored on a speed-dial...pick up the phone, press the button and hang up. 4 other phones start ringing, people answer them "Hello, how can I help you?" "What do you mean, you called me" "No I didn't! "etc etc. Sometimes it'd get close to war Rolling with laughter
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #5479028th Nov 2009 7:57 pm
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

A few years ago, me and the missus lived on the side of a hill overlooking our hometown.
Directly at the bottom of the hill my mate lives and you could see him out in the yard pratting about doing something or other, so on regular occasions he would get a phone call, or about 5 or 6 actually. He would start walking into the house when I would put the phone down, sure enough, out he comes, ring him again, he goes back inside, I hang up, and so it went on, for 10 years.
To this day he doesn't know what was going on, but if he ever finds out !!!! Rolling with laughter

Post #5479048th Nov 2009 8:11 pm
ad15

FRAPP.. Bow down Bow down Bow down

can i come and have a go at that??? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I'd make a site donation to sit there for an afternoon.... Thumbs Up

EDIT: am still crying 2 minutes later frapp,,, that's SOOOOO good.... Bow down Bow down
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5479458th Nov 2009 9:13 pm
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Oh you like that then Ad

Theres more, We have since moved back into town so the phone calls are no more.
But this thick t Censored t hasn't sussed that me moving & no more phone calls !!!!! = Priceless

He is a joker himself mind, If you see him shopping in Tescos you would be better off letting him finish shopping before you do your own. Usual s Censored t , get to the checkout and find f Censored g allsorts in your trolly, ladies things, Tena pads for men and once a whole rack full of condoms hid underneath.

So he deserves everything he gets Thumbs Up

Post #5483589th Nov 2009 3:02 pm
Mike40

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

A few years ago I removed one of those musical devices about the size of a £2 coin from a discarded Teddy Bear that played "Row Row Row your Boat" Tune. I wired the push contacts up so it was permently on and hooked it up to a couple of "C" sized Duracell’s instead of the little watch batteries fitted. On a previous visit to a mates house I had noticed he had a air vent in his bathroom through the cavity wall, so when we next went to his house for a beer or two I visited the bathroom and unscrewed the vent and dropped the musical device down the cavity wall.

You couldn't hear it normally until all was quiet and they were in bed at night. You could then apparently just hear it and it drove him and his wife almost insane for almost a week before it died!!... 8)

About 30 odd years ago as an Apprentice TV Engineer I got loads of pranks done to me by the other Engineers and one of these guys was a real mean bast**d. After an interesting day at Technical College one of the other Apprentices offered me a good prank to get my own back. It involved putting a 25v Capacitor in a Marvel Powdered Milk tin and connecting it to the 240v mains. Those much younger members may not know that Marvel milk tins had a press on lid. The prank was supposed to blow the lid off the tin causing the mean engineer to crap himself!

So the scene was set, I made the tea as usual in the morning and deliberately forgot to put sugar in the mean guy’s tea, as he went back to the sink area moaning I threw the main switch and the Capacitor exploded and blew the lid off the tin and revenge was mine……….well not quite!! I had decided that adding some flour into the tin would be a laugh covering him in it as the lid blew off. I didn’t realise flour thrown into the air would burn!! The resulting fireball burnt his eyebrows and eyelashes and frazzled the front of his hair…I legged it and locked myself in the storeroom for an hour until he had gone out on his calls………he never messed with me again though!! Laughing Laughing
 ------------------------------
"Ruby" Rimini Red
Rimini Red 06MY TDV6 S
Xenons, Bright Pack, Climate Pack,
BAS Magic Box and Remap
ITG Air Filter
ERG's Blanked (Woody32)
Huge Permagrin

Suzuki GSX1400, Triumph Daytona 1200, Yamaha RD500LC, Norton 850 Commando, MV Agusta 1090 Brutale, Honda Hornet 900, Honda 600 Tansalp, Matchless 750, AJS 650CSR......plus very understanding wife! 

Post #5483659th Nov 2009 3:27 pm
Dexter

Scotland 

As you can imagine the offshore workplace is ripe for jokers ..........................

In the bad old days of 4 or even 6 man cabins we had a lad in with us on his first trip, we told him that you had to sleep with your lifejacket on and we all duly went to our bunks wearing the huge, solid old lifejackets. Once the bunk curtains were shut of course we removed our jackets but the youngster had a stiff neck for a week after sleeping with his on all night.

Another young lad had the need to use a piddle pak on the flight going out, this is a poly bag with a bit of dried up sponge inside to soak up the pee, once used the bag can be sealed but the young lad obviously did not know what to do with it. One of the guys sitting next to him told him to pass to the pilot who would chuck it out the window - imagine the pilot's reaction when he's tapped on the shoulder and handed a bag of pish Rolling with laughter

Many more - soemone should write a book!

Dex

Post #5484809th Nov 2009 6:24 pm
ad15

talking of books, does any one remeber simon mayos confessions? i still remember one from there about a bull and clay pigeon shooting, one of the best pranks ever i think]
 one wife.......livid  
Post #5484859th Nov 2009 6:29 pm
Frapp

Go on then, fill us all in Thumbs Up

Post #5484869th Nov 2009 6:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >