Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
iain rice

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
pre heater

can i just unplug the webasto heater so i dont get the burning diesel smell
every morning from under the bonnet or will this upset the main brain

Post #3007728th Nov 2005 7:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Of course you can......but you'd be asking for trouble.

Post #3007828th Nov 2005 7:16 pm
croyde

Why Very Happy

Post #3014729th Nov 2005 1:09 am
marc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I have thought about this as well, see HERE

But I am a little reluctant to do it.

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Discovery 3 S spec 2.7 V6 Diesel. Smile

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #3020529th Nov 2005 1:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

croyde wrote:
Why Very Happy

Largely because it is an integral part of the engine system. If it does not function, faults will start to be reported. I would counsel that taking such action would be akin to removing the ABS fuse........

Post #3021429th Nov 2005 2:14 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

It heats the engine when cold, as well as cabin.

It's there for a reason, even if (like me) you cannot get at the settings to use the 'pre-heat' function.

LR would have a field day in avoiding any warranty liability if you disconnected.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #3022029th Nov 2005 2:44 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
Re: pre heater

iain rice wrote:
can i just unplug the webasto heater so i dont get the burning diesel smell
every morning from under the bonnet or will this upset the main brain

don't do it Shocked Shocked Shocked

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3026229th Nov 2005 7:37 pm
shawn

can anyone tell me where i can find the thread regarding the radio trick for the pre heater i have looked and looked but can't find it Embarassed Embarassed

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3045030th Nov 2005 6:55 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Here you go, but ignore my comment about the radio staying on all night, I cannot repeat that one!

Makes interesting reading after all this time!

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph...mp;start=0

Post #3045230th Nov 2005 7:36 pm
shawn

gareth

thanks very much for that very interesting reading, but to be honest i think i am more baffled now than before Shocked Shocked Embarassed

i have a 55 plate tdv6 SE model but i have no option in the settings menu regards timer for the fbh, does this mean i do not have this feature. so can i not carry ot the radio trick

my fbh works ok when the engine is running but i would love to get into a nice warm car at 7am every morning, have you gained any more info since reading the thread you have just notified me of as it was nearly a year ago

cheers shawn
Post #3046730th Nov 2005 8:23 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

You have on 06 model year, and I believe it has been removed from the settings menu, so no you will not be able to use it.

It is nice to have on a cold morning, but the fuel consumption is now dire again Crying or Very sad 21.5mpg ave (down from 25+), although all the snow driving this week has made it very thirsty.

Give BN some time and I believe he will come up with an aftermarket solution in conjunction with Webasto.

Post #3047030th Nov 2005 8:28 pm
shawn

Gareth wrote:
You have on 06 model year, and I believe it has been removed from the settings menu, so no you will not be able to use it.

It is nice to have on a cold morning, but the fuel consumption is now dire again Crying or Very sad 21.5mpg ave (down from 25+), although all the snow driving this week has made it very thirsty.

Give BN some time and I believe he will come up with an aftermarket solution in conjunction with Webasto.

typical just my luck Crying or Very sad Shocked please hurry up BN Bow down as i am thinking of fitting secure gates on my drive so i can leave the car running for 10 mins in a morning

shawn
Post #3047230th Nov 2005 8:38 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Gareth wrote:

It can be enabled with Test Book but I'm pretty confident your dealer won't do that Wink

-s

Post #3047430th Nov 2005 8:44 pm
BN

England 

shawn wrote:
Gareth wrote:

typical just my luck Crying or Very sad Shocked please hurry up BN Bow down as i am thinking of fitting secure gates on my drive so i can leave the car running for 10 mins in a morning

shawn

Shawn, we DO have an answer, but it has to be trialled first to ensure no bugs. That is what is bugging Webasto as well. It will not be a remote though at this stage only a timer.

Post #3048430th Nov 2005 8:59 pm
shawn

BN wrote:
shawn wrote:
Gareth wrote:

shawn

Shawn, we DO have an answer, but it has to be trialled first to ensure no bugs. That is what is bugging Webasto as well. It will not be a remote though at this stage only a timer.

a timer will do for me surry i just need some heat, wow BN you are the best i wish you worked at land rover customer services Bow down Bow down Bow down Wink

cheers shawn
Post #3049030th Nov 2005 9:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >