Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > North America & LR3/4

Predicted Midwest snowstorm: 2 feet in next 24 hours
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
thorgal

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Not bad for Chicago, not bad at all...This year, surprisingly, East coast gets pounded a lot. When Christmas day blizzard dumped 3 feet of powdery snow, within 12 hours period,I was the only guy, that, with just a little of shoveling ,jumped over big pile of pow and proceed with a usual excursion over the barely plowed streets of New Jersey.Place looked horrible , for driving of course, not for sightseeing.Some friends were mocking me for making a bad decision, two and half years a go ,when i purchased a LR3, but every year, when Mother Nature strikes, I strike back with a amazing driving qualities of my DISCO and good set of winter tires , of course.It is Then, when all their Q7,s and X5 are getting stuck right by their driveways and I have to come to the rescue.It is a uplifting feeling, I must say Whistle .When the aftermath of that particular Blizzard was still blowing 60 MPH, I had to drive my son to work the next morning and it took me 15 miles driving on route 9 just to find an opening for turning back home, simply cus all exits as well as entrances were blocked by cars stranded in snow...bimmers, mercs, yotas, hondas, fords, big fire trucks, even bigger plow trucks stuck in ditches.Most of these people should have been stay home, but they wanted a little piece of adventure of their own, venturing into the unknown , looking for milk,cookies and probably pack of badly needed, cigarettes.These problems could be avoided by shopping for those items the day before storm.Well, I finally approached a 4 foot high bank of partially unploughed road and took my chance speeding up a bit a plowing head on onto it,worrying about a air bags deployment at the same time, but after all, it was fresh powder and nothing bad happened, I took my chance and all went well, LR3 electronics did a superb job keeping me from getting stuck, ...again.Did my U turn on abandoned shopping parking and proceeded back home.This was one of the days that I smile down on other drivers and they look back with ENVY and awe.

Post #7559093rd Feb 2011 1:52 am
jjvd21

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

D3 performed flawlessly, plowed through all conditions with ease. Took it out last night about 10 p.m. drove to Lakeshore Drive to witness the full fury of the wind (was 40 mph). Lakeshore was blocked but I went up and down inner drive (parallell to Lakeshore). I tried to take pictures but you couldn't see 20 feet past the headights, I've never seen wind, snow, and lighting all at once. We had "thundersnow".

Went out this morning with my flip video player mounted to the drivers side (USA) mirror, took a few videos. We only saw about 10 total cars on the road besides us (saw a few RR and another D3). The videos aren't all that action packed as the D3 goes right through the conditions, but the 2nd video (at 42 seconds) shows the wind and snow power as we are facing Lakeshore drive as we start out (Superior St. and inner Lakeshore)

Driving towards Lakeshore Drive:

Driving from Lakeshore Drive to Lincoln Park:

Thumbs Up
 16 D4 Landmark
05 D3 HSE V8
THE original D4 spotter 

Post #7559113rd Feb 2011 2:47 am
xetas

United States 

What kind of mount/camera did you use to get those great videos? Chicago winters are pretty brutal so, my new england winters would probably be pretty easy going to a LR3/4

Post #77256810th Mar 2011 3:51 am
jjvd21

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

I used a cheap clamp mount bought off ebay and attached my flip player to it. I clamped the mount to the lip of the mirror and turned the camera forward. Exact mount referenced in picture in this thread: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic36239.html?highlight=
 16 D4 Landmark
05 D3 HSE V8
THE original D4 spotter 

Post #77347312th Mar 2011 1:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >